Screen-based input and output library that enables creating text objects within a single icon state as well utilize onscreen input (Notes are provided in the document included with the library about onscreen input).
You can do many things with text objects and even use descendants like item text objects. Provides even a helpful menu object that keeps menu items organized. This library is based off the "Strategic Warfare Prototype" version of Text Objects and "SkyDrop Delivery" version of Text Objects with improvements that enables a more programmer friendly environment.
This library is now in the public domain. GitHub link should still be available in the forums. Whatever is in the library can be used for research (possibly lead to better capabilitites) and anything imaginable.
V2B Release (July 26th, 2012):
- Fix to make it compatible with stable v494 or later. Due to the changes needed, mob.loc is now set to null by default. There might be a better change in the near future to prevent the need for mob.loc alteration.
V2A Release (October 11th, 2011):
- Few changes made to the Command procedure of the /ItemTextObj type. No longer calls the Unselect procedure for keyboard input and instead used by the ClearInputFocus procedure.
- GetSelectedMenuItem procedure has been added to the /MenuObj type. Very handy when one needs to obtain the currently selected item text object of the menu.
- SetInputFocus has been altered a bit to wait for the window to be focused. This is to prevent issues with keyboard only input for particular menu objects.
V2 Release (September 30th, 2011):
- Efficient Item Text Object Highlighting (uses icon states instead of constant redrawing)
- Onscreen Input (/InputObj type)
- Multi-line support for Text Objects
- Menu objects now inherit from the /InputObj type to enable keyboard input upon focus.
- New highlighting options for Item Text Objects that allows for using icons as side cursors next to items.
- Menu spacing mode support for menu objects, which currently allow for vertical and horizontal listing.
- Update procedure was added to the /FontObj type to commit any changes made to the font object to any existing text object that uses it.
V1A Release (February 28th, 2011):
- Items in menu objects will now properly line up on different icon size settings.
V1 Release (February 24th, 2011):
- Initial Release
Single Icon State Text Objects
Alpha Control to provide nifty text effects
Changeable Text Objects
Clickable Item Text Objects
Menu Objects composed of multiple Item Text Objects (using specified settings)
Map Text Object Support (There are cases you can place them on the map.)
Font Objects (to enable custom font support through DMI access and allow for multiple text objects to use it)
Input Objects (for onscreen input and menu objects at this time)