Terulia Relay Chat
an integrated chat/notification system that allows your players to communicate with friends in other games [More]
To download this library for your Linux/Mac installation, enter this on your command line:
Terulia Relay Chat (TRC) is the only practical system for user-to-user communication between BYOND games currently in existence.
More specifically, by including the TRC library in your game(s), your players will be able to communicate with TRC users in other games. Information is passed between games via the Terulia Forum Service.
What exactly does TRC do?
1) TRC allows players to communicate between games. Each forum hosted by the Terulia Forum Service has a text identifier referred to as a domain. (e.g. “main” is the domain for “Terulia Forum Service: Main”) These same domains serve as TRC channels. Thus is you send a chat message to the “main” channel, everyone subscribed to “Terulia Forum Service: Main” will receive the message. Or in cases where you only want to contact a single user, TRC also includes a /tell system.
2) TRC notifies your players of any new private messages as well as new posts in forums to which they have subscribed. If you post in any forum on the Forum Service, everyone subscribed to that particular forum will receive a TRC notification in under 2 seconds.
3) With the simple /join command and a single click, TRC allows players to easily locate and join their friends in hosted games.
TRC channels (corresponding to user-made forums) are moderated by their respective forum administrators, but even in a channel without active moderation, it is easy to avoid unsolicited/spam messages from problem users.
1) Forum Service members will only receive notifications from forums to which they have subscribed.
2) TRC notifications can be specifically disabled on a forum-by-forum basis through the online User Control Panel.
3) Problem users can be blocked directly via the /block command in TRC.
TRC supports the same color schemes as the Terulia Forum Service, allowing for customization on the user's end. If you choose to implement the default interface, the TRC can also save the relative position of the TRC chat window. (Some users prefer it at the top, while others prefer it at the bottom.)
How can you implement TRC in your projects?
1) download the library
2) include the library in your project
3a) compile the library using the included interface (replaces BYOND's default interface), or
3b) create your own interface window and/or input/output system however you like
4) compile and run
v1.4.1 - added new definition TRC_AUTOLOGIN & split trc_parse() from trc_remote_query()
v1.4.0 - support for timestamps; may be toggled via Options
v1.3.3 - small bug fix re: client logouts
Copyright © 2018 BYOND Software. All rights reserved.