ID:133331

Currently, in the map editor, setting pixel offsets to any atom doesn't change the physical location of the atom in the map editor. Is it possible to have the map editor let us view the pixel offsets?
I've been meaning to suggest this for a while, I just never remember to when I reach the forums. While it doesn't hinder our ability to develop maps, it does make it a bit harder and our maps look like cheesecake in the map editor. We have to open the game to see how it checks out. I support this idea.
In response to CaptFalcon33035
This idea would make mapping for games with pixel movement much easier, too.
I agree with this as well and have mentioned it a few times in the past, not sure how easily changes like that to the map editor would be though.
In response to Jeff8500
Maybe the map editor could even have a Snap-to-Grid option. It's on like default, and will act like the normal map editor, but turning it off allows instant pixel_x and _y changes inside the map editor.
Kakashi24142 wrote:
Currently, in the map editor, setting pixel offsets to any atom doesn't change the physical location of the atom in the map editor. Is it possible to have the map editor let us view the pixel offsets?

This would help SOO much.

More map making convenience features are a must.
Kakashi24142 wrote:
Currently, in the map editor, setting pixel offsets to any atom doesn't change the physical location of the atom in the map editor. Is it possible to have the map editor let us view the pixel offsets

Yeah, that should be do-able. We'll look into it.
This would be a great feature to have in BYOND now especially, as it would complement the new isometric feature.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
Maybe the map editor could even have a Snap-to-Grid option. It's on like default, and will act like the normal map editor, but turning it off allows instant pixel_x and _y changes inside the map editor.

That could get a little confusing because the pixel offset depends on where the object is placed... they could make it to where you place it on a tile then have some sort of offset button or right click drag command to move it around and set the offset in reference to the original tile.
Yes, this is in place in the next version, along with a host of other graphical features.