ID:132545

The original Zeta hub(s) seem to be mysteriously missing now that the report a rip function requires a source game?
You could probably just narrow it down to DBZ/Bleach/Naruto as options, since they all spiral out from a single source for each anime don't they?
And assuming that the goal of such a system is to group all of the same rips into the same place, you'd get more or less the same end result.
Falacy wrote:
The original Zeta hub(s) seem to be mysteriously missing now that the report a rip function requires a source game?

I didn't know Dracon even still had his hub entry for Zeta.
In response to tidus123
They were around until just recently. The original Zeta was by ReaKwon, though. Which after going to his member's page just now, it appears that the hub does still exist, it just doesn't show up in any searches.
Dracon (if he's who I'm thinking) just claims he got official permission to take it over, which either way makes it just as much of a rip IMO, since he decided to create an entirely new hub for it, but that one does seem to be gone.
In response to Falacy
Umm, you have that backwards. Dracon made Zeta and Genesis, Zeta got leaked and Raekwon(Cappa Kyle) claims to have recoded it.
In response to tidus123
Ah, possible, the person I was thinking of was Nick231.
Regardless, I still think my suggestion would be more effective than the current method. Unless I misunderstand the system's goal.
In response to Falacy
um this feature sounds dumb how can you prove that the rip isnt a rip of a rip of a rip therefor you have to remove alot of games some better than what they ripped off until they have strictly originals(which would amount to about 5 games on byond staying and the rest going bye bye) but on a side note \/

holy shit its falacy werent you that awesome guy who made the best game on byond(dbz:hu) weird how no game developer ever seems to be around ever its weird seeing one
In response to Devilkingx
Devilkingx wrote:
um this feature sounds dumb how can you prove that the rip isnt a rip of a rip of a rip therefor you have to remove alot of games some better than what they ripped off until they have strictly originals(which would amount to about 5 games on byond staying and the rest going bye bye)

I'm not suggesting they remove them. I'm suggesting they add a single hub entry (or some other section) like "DBZ Mods", which has all of the dbz rips of rips of rips in it. Instead of having them scattered around everywhere else.
Then people will know what they're getting in to before they join a game; that turns out to be the same one they just left. Make the community look intentional, instead of like the land of stolen games run by 12 year olds.
Plus, it would have various other benefits, like a ranking system that applies directly to that category of "mods".
Just like the server browser in a game, like gary's mod for example, I go in knowing that all of them are going to be pretty much the same, but with various differences that make me try different servers to find the one I like best.
In response to Falacy
I would also like to see some kind of system like Ebay now that this is mentioned. Depending on the reliability of somebody whether they rip or not, there could be some percentage of trustworthiness ranked maybe next to their name or on their member page. Would it also be too much to ask for this percentage to pop up when joining a game, the hosts' and the creators'?
In response to Darkjohn66
Darkjohn66 wrote:
I would also like to see some kind of system like Ebay. Depending on the reliability of somebody whether they rip or not, there could be some percentage of trustworthiness

That would be a pretty pointless system to have considering 90+% of the games/creators/hosts are rip related. And of the 10% that aren't - the games are either well known, or they obviously aren't rips (like Feval).
Plus most of the rips come and go over a short time period, so it wouldn't result in any real progress.

They just need to add a section that people can willingly add rips to.
This section should be called "mods", it should have a more singular/unified feeling to it - not every rip having an entirely separate hub/description/icon/etc, and it should make it seem like a good thing that makes you want to put your game there - As I explained above. Like the server browser of a Valve game...
In response to Devilkingx
Devilkingx wrote:
um this feature sounds dumb how can you prove that the rip isnt a rip of a rip of a rip therefor you have to remove alot of games some better than what they ripped off until they have strictly originals(which would amount to about 5 games on byond staying and the rest going bye bye) but on a side note \/

There are far more than five games on BYOND that aren't rips. There are other game categories, besides anime. If BYOND got rid of all the anime rips it would help BYOND tremendously. It would give real original games a better chance to be seen. It would also help prevent new BYOND members looking for fun games from being turned away after they have played some of those terrible anime games.