ID:181354

I'm recreating my old Naruto Shuppuuden: Storm game and wanted to show you all it's progress.

This video shows the current progress of my basic movement system, based off the system made by Forum_Account.

Hope you like it, and if you want to help out with it then please let me know! =)
Got bridges and visual combat effects working. Shortened the jump height for a more challenging effect to it. I'm going to be working on projectiles and some more AI controls soon.

Video
In response to Bravo1
I apologize for my terrible terminology, I used whatever words best explained what I was trying to sya. My mind works ins strange ways.

Lighting!!

Video here!
In response to Bravo1
Not that it's any of my business...but it'd be a lot healthier for you if you took a break from coding, especially at 5:30 in the morning. o.o

Anyhoo, even though everything's pretty basic and simple at the moment, it's looking to have a lot of potential and I'm really liking what I see so far.

Good work. (:
In response to Bravo1
You have given me an idea. I like how you have a small map area, where you work on different aspects of the game, then tie it all together at the end. I'm going to try this out. Seems more fun than making every single load screen, etc.
In response to OrangeWeapons
Thanks! I basically just make the necessary verbs and when I'm done with them I make them into procs in a file called "e_verbs" (eventually verbs).

It helps me coordinate things as well as keeping a test area.
In response to Rensan
Thanks. =P

As for coding so early, I stayed up till 9am that day. and right now it's 5:30 again.

going to start incorporating my textures idea which is:

making all blocks blank, one color pieces, then adding a texture overlay which modifies their look and colors.

then tomorrow I'm going to allow the lighting overlays to add onto that to make a texture-full, shaped and appropriately lit block.

the reason why?

I want my turfs and some objects to have dynamic representations. meaning: with 5 textures and ten light scales, spanning about ten turf types, I can make 500 different blocks with the use of 25 icons.