ID:278448

My game's main window's resolution is 1079x654, which was -almost- too big for my brother's screen (it cut off very minor parts) and I wanted to know if this is too big.

I can't go off of my own screen because it is very wide (1600x900).

Is my game's window too large? I mean, I know for a fact it is too large for mini-laptop screens, etc..., but for now, the game's screen cannot be resized (as it has labels that have images in them, and when stretched they don't look very pretty), so I need a universally good size (or BYONDiversally) for the screen (until I get around to making different interfaces for different resolutions)
My desktop's screen is 1600x1200, laptop has 1378x768 (or around that).
In response to Murrawhip
I checked that; but I'm not sure I just wanted to be sure the same applied to BYOND's community
In response to Zaoshi
thanks.
My resolution on my laptop is 1600x900.
I think my brother's laptop's resolution is 1280x800.

Overall, I think your best bet is to go with a resolution of 1024x800.
Mine can go up to 1900x1600 but I prefer 800x600 and 1024x768.
I have yet to settle on a multiplayer format, but my preference is currently for 1280x720 windows with custom title bars and disabled/toggled resize. The resolution fits 720p videos while the rest removes borders which would otherwise distort it. In theory, recording the game should be reduced to mere window selection.
You could always try something like this :

winset(src,"default","focus=true")
winset(src, "default", {"
titlebar=false;
is-minimized=true;
"}
)
sleep(1)
winset(src, "default", {"
is-minimized=false;
is-maximized=true;
"}
)

O . O

Oh and if I were to use that.. I'd put it in login().
In response to Kyle_ZX
I believe you misunderstand his question. He doesn't want to resize the window, and being a tester for the game, I can completely understand why. He's simply looking for the best resolution to use.
In response to Jotdaniel
Yes, you're right. Resizing is just an alternative path because it means the person doesn't need to worry about resolution in the first place. Personal choice, there's pro's and con's for both methods.