ID:151294

Here's the nitty gritty of this one. The host is the only builder, doing things on the worldmap.. as its called. Players, any number, then, would enter the bases, or get transported by the host, in an attempt to keep aliens at bay. Its meant to be a 'castle' game, where you protect whatever main resource is needed to have the pertaining base give assetts to the host.

Every 5 minutes a non-host client survives, a resource payday would happen for the host of the game, thus letting him either renew the forces, develop new builds, or upgrade those buildings.

Its called 'Lunar Castle' and its still in development. I posted this to take comments.
This sounds very cool. It has aspects of an RTS for the host but shooter for the regular clients. The only issue I can see is that units in an RTS do whatever the commander wants without question. I just can't imagine the same from players. It would really need be only guidance from the commander as opposed to actually giving orders.
And how you would make who is the host?Like changing it after a few turns or soo?Like if somebody hosts the game but don't want to do the work then the others can't develop.
You could make it easier whit teams.Each team would have a leader and as they collect stuff they could develop out new buildings and techs.Soo players could form smaller or bigger teams.Like not everybody would accept command from same person plus sharing the trouble would make the game more fun also this would give chance that everbody could be team leader once.
In response to Keevanar
Ah, nice ideas, and yes it would only be guidance. The leader would manage the outdoor buildings along with player upgrades. Then... the recruits could choose to be delivered to bases in order to defend them from the aliens... requesting transferrs when they choose it.

The trick is convincing the leader where you are most needed, of course. The lone engineering leader would rely on the recruits services to keep the buildings resources from being destroyed. In turn, he would supply the forces with vital resources to keep them alive if they do well.
the closest game that resembles this is probably Savage, and Savage 2. Same concept someone is the commander, the rest are the soldiers. The problem with this concept is that there is too much emphasis on that one person (commander), and the only way split up squads would work is if there was going to be 6+ people on at a time.
In response to JonSnow13
Changed mind.... I do that too much.