240 Release Notes
- Fixed: Savefiles were not correctly reading data buffers when you
entered them by setting cd in some cases.
- The player's URL should no longer be reported in the pager when it is a
local world with no network port.
- Fixed: DM Scripts with only a URL definition were reporting an error at the
end of file.
- When no extension is specified in a URL file:// link, the .dms extension
takes precedence over .dmb. However, script URLs with an implicit .dms
extension were failing to load.
- Added a -quiet option to the server. It supresses non-error messages such
as the welcome message and port number. The host server will use this to
keep the log file clean.
- fcopy() and the << operator now create the path to the target file if it
does not already exist, rather than bailing out like they used to.
- fdel() now handles directories as well as files, doing a full recursive
deletion if necessary. Directory names must end in '/' in order to be
recognized as such; otherwise, it will refuse to remove them. That is a sort
of safety feature just to make sure you really want to be doing what you are
doing. It is a good thing we have automatic safety modes in place, because
fdel("/") on a windoze machine would be pretty devastating! Remember, though,
that all of this file-manipulation stuff is server-side anyway, so you only
have to consider the security when running unknown .dmbs on your machine.