BYOND 3.5 Beta 4 Release Notes
BYOND 3.5 Versions 347.898 and 347.899 were later released as minor updates to Beta 4.
- Fixed: Text output would sometimes stop scrolling when an icon or image was shown, especially for large icons/images in Windows XP/2000.
- Fixed: Key retrieval could sometimes fail for new users who had just installed BYOND.
- Fixed: The map now redraws correctly when the icon-mode is toggled.
- Fixed: icon.Blend() was ignoring the difference between static and movement states. New behavior is to blend with an icon state of matching name and movement flag. If no match is found, the first unnamed icon is used, or else the first icon in the file. (DerDragon)
- Fixed: client.edge_limit was not being cleaned up properly in some cases. (Lummox JR)
- Fixed: Dream Maker was sometimes mishandling an escaped [ character inside nested strings. (Mobius Evalon)
- Fixed: Text/sound/browse() output to a list containing clients did not work, even though a list of mobs or a direct client would work. (Lummox JR)
- Fixed: Some erroneous code in reference. (Detnom)
- Fixed: Various syntax highlighting bugs. (Theodis)
- Fixed: world.Topic() did not set the address argument when the remote world was not hosting. (Xooxer)
- Fixed: Clients connected to worlds hosted on a local network did not report the correct IP address to the hub.
- Fixed: CGI mode did not properly handle long text inputs when the form encoding was multipart/form-data. (Jtgibson)
- Fixed: Dream Maker failed to find existing zero-byte files to be added to the rsc using single-quotes. (DarkView)
- Fixed: For 3D sounds, the x axis was reversed.
- Fixed: Dream Seeker crashed when changing a macro in preferences if client script macros were also set at the same time. (GhostAnime)
- Fixed: Dream Maker did not allow creation of new .dms files.
- Fixed: BYOND Pager did not always retrieve news from the hub when there was something new to display.
- Fixed: Blend() with solid color and ICON_UNDERLAY acted as ICON_OVERLAY instead. (fixed in version 347.898 and above)
- world.hub_password is now readable at runtime. For security purposes, its value will be a hashed version of the value that was set. (Also in unix release 345)
- In CGI mode, CGI/Login() will now redirect the web user to https://secure.byond.com/, the new website for BYOND logins. (Also in unix release 345)
- Improved refresh, text display, and game joining in the Games and Friends tabs of the pager.
- The Guest key has been re-enabled.
- world.Reboot() now accepts an argument describing reason it was called. This allows the developer to override it and specifically handle different cases. See the DM Reference for details.
- Games with the same hub are now grouped together in the Games tab of the pager.
- The user is now notified in the pager when downloads occur.
- Major sound upgrade: BYOND now uses FModEx and has the following features:
- Songs are now treated the same as regular sounds in most respects.
- sound.environment, somewhat supported but broken in several previous versions, now works properly. It also now supports a 23-element list to set custom reverb environments.
- sound.echo added. It is an optional 18-element list allowing individual sounds to have their own slightly modified reverb settings for greater realism.
- sound.status flags SOUND_RESERVED and SOUND_SURROUND have been phased out from the previous beta versions. In their place are SOUND_STREAM and SOUND_UPDATE.
- Note: MP3 format is still unsupported due to codec licensing issues.
- See the DM Reference for more information.
- DM syntax highlighting upgrade: Identifiers and numbers now can be highlighted.
- Some packet security added to foil malicious packet senders.
- Worlds now report their information to the hub themselves. After a hub upgrade, worlds hosted in version 347 with no players logged in should appear on the hub.
- The default hub host is now hub.byond.com.
345 Release Notes | View All