BYOND 3.5 Beta 6 Release Notes
- Fixed: certain types of music files were repeating even when explicitly set to play only once.
- Fixed: BYOND Pager did not always send a shutdown message to the hub when quitting the Pager application shortly after leaving a game in Dream Seeker. This resulted in a ghost online pager entry left at the hub, and slow "Shutting down..." time in the Pager.
- Fixed: the sound variables environment and echo did not properly handle null values.
- Fixed: when opening a game from outside of the BYOND Pager application, Dream Seeker would sometimes fail to appear. Some causes of this are fixed, others still remain.
- Fixed (again): BYOND Pager's system tray icon would get stuck after switching users in Windows XP.
- The BYOND Pager application now exits immediately when the Exit menu item is selected. The final "pager off" message is sent to the hub in the background so that you don't have to wait for it to complete.
- Game servers take even more steps to avoid sending redundant information to the hub, thus reducing the overall hub workload.
- The variables world.key and world.password have been made obsolete, and the compiler now outputs a warning stating this. In a future version of BYOND, these variables may be removed. If used for any kind of authentication, alternate means such as world.hub_password should be used instead.
348 Release Notes | View All