BYOND 4.0 Version 410.975 Release Notes
- Large file uploads (eg, via "as file") were sometimes causing crashes. Hopefully this is the cause of the elusive upload file bug that has been present for so long.
- mob.sight was overriding object invisibility settings. (Claviarm)
- Objects with pixel-offsets (including moving objects) were ignoring invisibility settings. (Claviarm)
- Objects in unlit areas were clickable. (Dragonn)
- Icons now take their visibility from the tile they are on (the "base" tile), rather than the pixel location they may be partially or wholly offset onto. (This is how it used to work prior to version 402.) For example, if you have an icon that uses pixel_x/y to partially display on an adjacent, lit, tile, and the base tile is unlit, the entire icon will be invisible. The main reason for restoring this as the default (aside from backwards compatibility issues with 3.5 games) is that the verb-accessibility calculations, such as 'set src in view(), are always computed from the base tile.
Note that this may cause some undesirable behavior for objects that are "smooth moving" into unlit areas, since they will flicker out of existence the moment they start to move. To have the visibility account for pixel offsets, you may set the new mob.sight flag: SEE_PIXELS. (Hazman)
- The Options & Menus dialog now includes better support for the progress bar for file uploads/downloads.
- The Options & Menus dialog can now be maximized. (DivineO'peanut)
- The file dialog uses the new 2000/XP style when available.
409 Release Notes | View All