BYOND 4.0 Version 415.980 Release Notes
- We accidentally made 413-414 require an updated client to play old games hosted on new builds. 415 is much more lax in this regard, so hopefully we won't be spammed by "where's the update???" messages.
- New movement foo was broken in the release builds of 413-414, causing held-down keys to be inserted into a buffer incorrectly.
- Ctrl+key and Alt+key macros did not work properly if the key was a character and an input control had focus.
- client.pixel_x/y could cause crashes in some situations. This was most visible during world reboots. (Foomer, Theodis)
- The limit on winclone()- and browse()-created windows was too conservative, since it didn't always account for windows that weren't in use. To avoid extra complexity, we've tentatively removed the limit for now. (Xooxer)
- Setting border=1 in browse() had no effect. Now a sunken border will appear around the browser control in a popup window. (Unknown Person)
- Savefiles containing infinite numbers could not be imported as text. DM is now capable of parsing 1.#INF as infinity, and -1.#INF as negative infinity. (Xooxer)
- Deleted objects that were later recreated could, in certain cases, show up incorrectly (or not at all) on the map until that part of the map was refreshed by leaving the area and coming back. (This is probably the same bug which caused invisible mobs in some games, as reported by Leftley and others.) (Xooxer)
- The Reboot query in the UI was sometimes automatically processed (incorrectly). (Polantaris)
- Downloading a very very large .zip file from the hub, containing a great many smaller files, could cause a stack overflow that crashed the pager. (Vegettassj9)
- Extracting a single dir or animation frame from an icon could cause a crash if the dir and/or frame did not exist for some of the states within the icon.
- In the window editor in Dream Maker, when changing the ID of the currently selected control, the ID would not update in the editor panel. (Audeuro)
- Controls that overlap within a window should (in theory) respect their Z order when painting, avoiding some annoying issues like controls appearing to move in front of other controls.
414 Release Notes | View All