BYOND 4.0 Version 432.1007 Release Notes
- The internal browser control used by BYOND applications could be dragged around by the user. (Inuyashaisbest)
- Clicking on a verb panel that was about to disappear could cause a crash. (Flame48)
- Blend() with a color (not another icon) did not work as expected in ICON_OR mode; instead the results matched ICON_AND.
- Calling a client verb during Logout() and similar situations could crash the server. (DivineTraveller)
- Calling SwapColor() with an exact RGBA value still behaves as before by only replacing that exact color and alpha, but using an RGB value with no alpha specified (such as rgb(255,0,0) or "#ff0000") will replace that color with the new one regardless of its alpha value, and keep the old alpha intact. (If the new color is null, the old color is replaced with total transparency.)
- Because of new changes to the waiting list, it is now possible to join a waiting list while servers are already online. However this does not account for cases where a server may be full and opens up again later. To deal with this, a new var has been added to DM. Setting world.game_state to 1 will tell the hub that the server is full, and setting it to 0 will tell the hub that the server is available again so people on the waiting list can be notified about it. (The hub doesn't treat a "full" server any differently from a regular one in any other respect. People can still try to join, so if you have extra slots reserved for subscribers or BYOND Members they can get in.) This var currently is only 0 or 1 but may have more possible values in the future.
- The grid control now has a show-names parameter that can be used to show only the icon of an atom, not its name. This is useful for interfaces that use inventory grids where the author doesn't want to include text.
- The UNIX distribution of BYOND now includes a program called "DreamDownload" that can be pointed to a URL to install it into the lib/ or myhub/ directory. Example:
When accessing the website from a UNIX box, the webpage will display this sort of command if a download is available.
431 Release Notes | View All