BYOND 4.0 Version 448.1030 Release Notes
Fixes (more info)
- DM was sometimes spitting out an erroneous "ProtoMem" error upon compilation.
- In projects with over 256 files, DM could output the incorrect filename on error. (Android Data)
- Assigning list.len limited the value to 65535, when in fact larger sizes are supported. (Kuraudo)
- The new method of detecting recycled object IDs in build 447 caused flick() to sometimes fail to display in these situations. The flick will now display if both the server and client are running version 448 or higher. (Nielz)
- Looping through mob.vars skipped over animate_movement and screen_loc, although the vars could still be accessed. atom.vars was missing mouse_opacity. (Kaioken)
- Secondary HUDs were centered incorrectly when the internal world map (with actual turfs) was not in use. (Android Data)
- Certain commands entered in the client's "command input" box could cause a crash. (Android Data)
- Calls to alert() and input() caused by a macro press could result in the macro not being used the next time its key combination was pressed. Now the key is considered released, and triggers any related up-key macros, before the popup box appears. (Fugsnarf)
- Area verbs had stopped working in projects that did not use turfs. (Geldonyetich)
- view(), range(), etc. did not include the viewer's loc if the loc was an area instead of a turf. This has been changed to be consistent with the reference.
- Invisible child elements were still showing up in some situations. (Toushiroa)
- Logging into the pager via a download or join link on a hub entry caused the saved password for that account to reset. (Lummox JR)
- DMI files now save using an RGB palette when applicable (specifically, when the DMI has 256 colors or less and no alpha transparency). This can result in a substantial space savings.
- The global resource file (byond.rsc) has a larger maximum size and purges files less frequently. This should eliminate problems where certain games were causing BYOND to redownload resources upon ever reconnection, due to exceeding the old cache size limit.
- Games are only broadcast to the hub and pager when a "test" connection can ping them. In the past, this connection was attempted once at startup; if it failed (due to network anomalies or the server taking too long to load), the game would never be broadcast. Now, the test is run continuously, allowing games to be broadcast even after initially taken live.
- New features for telnet clients:
- The "Hit enter to continue" message with a 5-second delay has been removed. In its place, after just 1 second, a telnet WONT ECHO command is sent which should induce a response from most clients.
- Some clients, like Putty, already sent telnet commands to the server when they first connected. Those sequences are now recognized properly, so telnet clients that had trouble connecting to BYOND servers before should have more success now.
- The backspace key, and any character preceding it (except a line break), is now removed from any incoming messages before they reach client/Command().
- Telnet messages exceeding 1023 characters in length will no longer cause the server to drop the client.
447 Release Notes | View All