BYOND 4.0 Version 461.1054 Release Notes
This is the public release of the 455* series beta. Please consult the 455 release notes for more information.
Fixes (more info)
- When using map_format=TILED_ICON_MAP and adding a big object to the map, editing the object's instance did not update the tiles already placed on the map. (DivineTraveller)
- When trying to use find/replace to replace an object of one type with a completely different type (e.g., replacing /area with /turf), the map editor gave the wrong error message. The correct error message, that the two types are not alike, is now displayed. (Dphoenix7)
- Certain click sequences were failing to call MouseUp(). (SuperAntx)
- The client wasn't always properly expanding "as file" arguments. (Android Data)
- The screen was not updating properly in response to rapid changes to client.pixel_x & client.pixel_y. (Polatrite)
- Screen objects weren't showing up in text-mode. (Delgertome)
- Setting the map.icon-size parameter to a nonzero value when using a world.icon_size other than 32 caused incorrect scaling in text mode. (Superbike32)
- The drop-zone parameter was being ignored for some controls. (Kaioken)
- Bandwidth usage was higher than it should be in dynamic, action-oriented games. (Falacy)
- Messages of certain lengths that were not suitable for zip compression could cause a crash. (Boronks23)
- The BYOND executables can now be run without prior installation (that is, without running the official byond_setup.exe). While we still recommend installation since that sets up file associations and the byond:// url protocol, in some cases it may be desireable to bypass it; eg, for running BYOND via a portable drive or for distributing BYOND to outside users. The [zip] link on the download page points to an "installerless" version of BYOND.
- The EXE produced as a result of DM's "Make EXE..." function will attempt to launch a local version of BYOND if it is found in the same directory as the EXE. To include this, download the "installerless" [zip] from the download page and unzip it into the directory with the EXE; it will create a "byond" folder that the EXE will use. The purpose of this is to allow distribution of games without requiring the user to download or install BYOND independently. Tutorial forthcoming.
- The "Frame areas" feature from the map editor's Options menu has been restored. This was temporarily taken out in 455-460 due to trouble getting it to work in isometric mode.
- In older versions the map editor let you edit maps as big icons, small icons, or text, but the "small icons" feature was removed in build 455-460. As of this release, you can still edit in either icons or text, but you can now zoom out to get a better view when editing a large map. The new Options | Zoom menu lets you choose 100% zoom or 50%, which effectively brings back the old "small icons" mode but you can use it with text too.
- When editing maps in text mode, the text in each tile is centered, so the map editor should look just like the live map in Dream Seeker.
460 Release Notes | View All