BYOND 4.0 Version 468.1072 Release Notes
Security update: Version 468 addresses several security issues. Older versions, including 467, will no longer be able to read or report scores and medals via the hub in the future, and are currently in the process of being phased out.
Fixes (more info)
- client.Export() was failing to send all files except for savefiles, unless a url was supplied as the first argument. The url behavior is considered obsolete.
- switch() formerly was treating null and 0 as the same thing, but will properly treat them as different values in games compiled from this version on. Games compiled in older versions will not change their behavior. (Chowder)
- When attempting to join a server with an out-of-date or banned client, the failure message would sometimes not display and either Dream Seeker or the splash box would close without telling the user why. (Destroy)
- Setting preload_rsc to a URL failed to download the resource package on the client in some games that didn't use a map. (Lummox JR)
- Renaming a file with the same name but a different capitalization failed to change the displayed name in the file tree. (Leur)
- Changing z-levels while an object was in motion would still show the movement icon_state when the object was visible again, even if it had stopped moving. (Naokohiro)
- Opaque tiles did not properly hide the tiles behind them in some games, causing hidden tiles to be visible improperly. (Gakumerasara)
- When using browse_rsc() for the same file contents but with multiple different filenames, sometimes a file already in the cache with the intended name did not get properly replaced by new contents. (Skyspark)
- Using Ctrl+up and Ctrl+down in an input control with a default command to look through history put a space in front of the commands. (Super Saiyan X)
Features (more info)
- Icon resources sent by the server are now stored in an encrypted format in the global cache (byond.rsc). Since this format is unreadable by the server & compiler, resources extracted from this cache cannot be directly used by other projects.
If you use client.preload_rsc = "http://[path to game_rsc.zip]" to distribute your resources, you should always use DreamMaker's "package files... resource files" option to build the distributable (game_rsc.zip). This function has been updated to encrypt those resources for use by the client.
The server-side cache (eg, game.rsc for game.dmb) is still stored in an unencrypted format. Therefore distributed games are prone to resource extraction. At some point we may provide a means to encrypt those prior to creating a game distributable.
- The custom macro editor now allows you to create custom macros for a specific game, which take precedence over global macros that apply to all games. The game's own built-in macros still take precedence over both. Just like with global macros, the ability to use custom macros for a game depends on the setting of client.control_freak.
467 Release Notes | View All