BYOND 4.0 Version 481.1089 Release Notes
Fixes (more info)
- The check against possible DoS attacks on the server will no longer be done if the connection comes from world.internet_address or world.address. (Gakumerasara)
- world.OpenPort() is now called after a reboot if the world is being hosted. (SuperAntx)
- Selecting a single pixel in the pixmap editor, then clearing the selection, would not allow the same pixel to be re-selected by itself. (Chowder)
- When editing a very small icon as a movie, the interface was too scrunched-together. (Chowder)
- Changing the icon_state or direction of an atom did not update any images attached to it. (Lummox JR)
- If the first alert() in a session appeared while the main window was minimized, it could not be accessed and future alerts would therefore not appear. (Chowder)
- Dream Seeker had an accidental division by zero during some highly unusual gliding cases. (Tsfreaks)
- Mob verbs could be considered temporarily inaccessible in some cases when updating the mob's information from the server. In addition, macro or skin commands that failed in this way would be placed into the default input control as if the player had typed them; this has been corrected. (Forum_account)
- On Windows 2003, Vista, and 7, users running Google Chrome as their default browser had trouble connecting to games that use custom fonts. (Silk Games)
- The font tag now supports named colors "grey" (synonym for "gray"), "cyan", "magenta", and "gold". (Super Saiyan X)
- Icon states with a single pixmap (1 dir, no animation) did not work properly as movement states. (Spunky_Girl)
- During times that the drawing engine was overtaxed, keyboard input could be ignored for an extended period. (Forum_account)
- Windows cloned with winclone() did not return the right ID in winget(). (Audeuro)
- Animated cursors did not actually animate. (F0lak, SuperAntx)
Features (more info)
- client.control_freak has been expanded. Instead of being set to only 0 or 1, it now supports the following flags which can be combined with the | operator:
- CONTROL_FREAK_ALL: Equivalent to 1, disables everything by default; otherwise everything is enabled by default
- CONTROL_FREAK_SKIN: Toggles the ability to use a custom skin
- CONTROL_FREAK_MACROS: Toggles the ability to use user-defined macros
Users of older versions will still experience the "all disabled" behavior if you use any setting other than 0 (all enabled).
- The name of each Dream Daemon instance in the taskbar now includes the port number used for hosting (Windows only).
- A -close parameter can now be added to the command-line options or startup(), which forces Dream Daemon to close after it shuts down.
- When creating a new file with a subdirectory that does not exist, you will be given the option of creating the directory instead of having to create it manually.
- The icon editor now allows zooming up to 20x.
- Images attached to atoms now use the correct movement state of their icon, if the base atom is moving. Previously, the movement state was never used for /image objects.
- Dream Seeker will now attempt to automatically reconnect in cases where it loses connection unexpectedly. It will not do this for older servers, which may not send the right info needed for DS to tell the difference between a normal close and a broken connection.
480 Release Notes | View All