BYOND 4.0 Version 482.1091 Release Notes
Fixes (more info)
- The pager could crash when write permissions for the user data folder were incorrect. (Kidpaddle45)
- Profiling code sometimes returned incorrect values of real time for certain procs.
- Certain icon operations could crash immediately after using the Select tool in the editor, under uncommon circumstances. (Chowder)
- When using an icon with a very large number of states, Dream Seeker could bog down when trying to display a lot of states near the end of the icon file. (D4RK3 54B3R)
- After moving an atom in a new diagonal direction with a 4-directional icon, moving in a cardinal direction would sometimes show the icon facing the wrong way. (E.g., moving NE, NW, then S might have the atom's icon facing W even while the atom itself moved S.) (LordAndrew)
- The browser control did not always refresh properly inside some panes. (Tsfreaks)
- Overlays with a shorter animation period, or different frame delay rates, than the main flick() animation, did not use their proper delay rates or repeat if necessary for the duration of the flick. (Falacy, Kisioj)
Features (more info)
- A new atom var, override, can be applied to images to make them appear in place of the atom's normal icon and overlays. This can be used to give a custom appearance for any atom to only certain players.
- A new map_format, SIDE_MAP, can be used for 3/4 projections. This format is very similar to TOPDOWN_MAP, except that tiles further down on the map are considered closer to the viewer and will be in front of anything further up. Layering behavior is similar to that used by ISOMETRIC_MAP.
Dream Daemon & Dream Seeker
- The Profile option has been extended to show network activity. Dream Seeker only shows this option if it is hosting the world.
- Skin controls now have an on-size parameter which can be used to send commands whenever they are resized. No command is sent while you are dragging a splitter bar or window edge, nor in response to sizing changes made via winset().
481 Release Notes | View All