BYOND 4.0 Version 494.1135 Release Notes
Fixes (More Info)
- The receiver of world.Export() was sometimes sending back messages that caused the sender to shutdown prematurely. The receiver now avoids sending such messages, and the sender is more tolerant of them. (Falacy)
- If a hub path included an underscore but one was not included in world.hub, medal caching failed. (Forum_account)
- Objects straddling multiple tiles could be bumped more than once in the same Move() call. (LordAndrew)
- The view() and range() families of procs had a small memory leak when the reference atom straddled multiple tiles.
In addition, memory was being used more and more over time (but freed on world reboot) when handling objects covering multiple tiles. (Falacy)
- The server did not properly update see_invisible for clients when no map was present, causing verbs with invisibility to always be invisible. (JohnGames)
- Changing map dimensions caused objects overhanging multiple turfs to no longer act that way, allowing inappropriate collisions. (Falacy)
- Setting screen_loc to "" did not immediately remove an item from the HUD, but only after a delay, unless another HUD object also updated. (Aaiko)
- Use of SIDE_MAP caused the server to tell Dream Seeker to draw more turfs than it needed to, slowing down map drawing unnecessarily. (Forum_account)
- Some dense objects were not being treated as obstacles in step_to() and walk_to(). (Murrawhip)
- step_to() and walk_to() treated the target object as a solid obstacle, causing the pathfinding algorithm to produce incorrect results and use too much CPU when the range (in tiles) was set to 0. (Falacy)
- step_towards() could return incorrect results when two pixel-moving objects were on the same tile. (Falacy)
- src could appear in oview(src) when straddling two turfs. (Kaiochao)
- Not checking the "Set transparent color in image" in a window control caused Dream Maker to save it without actually applying a transparent color. (JBoer)
- Using Ctrl+Shift+Click in the map editor grabbed the wrong coordinates when zoomed. (LordAndrew)
- Importing a .dmi file from an older version (before BYOND 4.0) into a new icon failed silently. (Lummox JR)
- Setting a command for a button or another control (such as button.command or child.on-size) did not properly count \n as a newline character. This now behaves like the macro editor. (DarkCampainger)
- Editing the colors on an icon with only transparent pixels (therefore no colors to edit) caused a crash. (Stephen001)
- In the "Colors in use" section of the icon editor, changing only the green channel of a grayscale color had no effect. (ACWraith)
- Sending an out-of-bounds turf (e.g., not visible on the user's map) as output to a skin control could cause Dream Seeker to crash. (FIREking)
- Pressing and holding Alt between mousedown and mouseup caused the mouseup to be lost, often making Dream Seeker think an object was being dragged. (Hiro the Dragon King)
- Some icons with many states could show the wrong one, if more than one state shared the same (non-blank) name and movement flag. (Charliehorse)
- Some skins could cause a crash when reconnecting. (Audeuro)
- When using gliding, the client eye could get out of sync with the mob during stop-and-go movement even when simply leaving the default settings alone, as long as glide_size was not specified. (Hiro the Dragon King)
- Worlds running in Dream Seeker without being hosted were not recognized as the "master" of a server started via the startup() proc, and therefore did not close in response to shutdown() properly. (Zaltron)
- User-defined macros for a specific game did not save if the game used the CONTROL_FREAK_SKIN setting. (Super Saiyan X)
- Flicks were still largely tied to client ticks instead of actual time elapsed. (Falacy)
- MouseEntered() was not called in some cases when windows overlapped each other. (Hiro the Dragon King)
- Icons could disappear when out of sight in some rare cases. (Superbike32)
- Secondary HUDs could not display a larger number of tiles than the map itself. (Metamorphman, Naokohiro)
- The mouse wheel did not work in the browser control. (Cowdude, Nickr5, JBoer, Ghtry, Chowder)
- Screen objects that also used pixel movement on the map were offset by their step_x and step_y values, when instead those should be ignored on the HUD. (Falacy)
- Animation speed was still largely tied to client ticks instead of actual time elapsed. Now if Dream Seeker drops frames, animations will not appear to slow down. (Falacy)
- MouseDown events were not generated in the case of a double-click. Now MouseDown() will always precede DblClick(). (Falacy)
Features (More Info)
- The atom/maptext var can be used to output text on the map. The text is displayed in a rectangle defined by atom/maptext_width & atom/maptext_height. The map control's font & color is used for drawing, but can be overriden with html styling.
- client.CheckPassport() will now return the number of days remaining on a subscription, or -1 for lifetime subscribers.
- The map control now has a style parameter that affects all maptext.
- The server ban file-- hostban.txt-- will now automatically be reloaded (at 30s intervals) when it is changed from an outside source, typically from worlds hosted via linux.
- The installer will now allow .dmi files to have thumbnails in Windows.
493 Release Notes | View All