BYOND 4.0 Version 496.1144 Release Notes
Fixes (More Info)
- Move() was not always returning a pass/fail in worlds built before the introduction of pixel movement. In addition, a Move() to the exact same position is now counted as a jump and will return pass/fail instead (1 or 0) of the number of pixels moved (always 0), so that success and failure return different values. (Higoten)
- Crossed() and Uncrossed() were not called for "traditional" objs and mobs that didn't use pixel movement and covered all of a single turf. (JohnGames)
- After pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del or locking the system, the map would no longer update when in hardware rendering mode. (Complex Robot)
- Rounding errors in flick timing could cause animation frames to be skipped or prolonged inappropriately. (SuperAntx)
- MouseEntered() was incorrectly being called after Click() events. (Aaiko)
Dream Seeker & Dream Daemon
- Sound channels 1-1024 were supposed to be supported per the reference, but any channel higher than 127 failed to work correctly. (Koil)
Features (More Info)
- Calling winget(player, null, "panes") will retrieve a list of available panes just like "windows" will get a list of windows.
- Windows and panes created via winclone() can now be deleted just like other controls created at runtime can. Call winset(player, control_id, "parent=none") to delete the window or pane.
- Calling winset(player, null, "reset=true") will reset the user's skin, removing any runtime controls and cloned windows. Parameters that are saved are still saved/loaded as normal.
- The Windows menu now has a Close All option to close all open windows.
- The File menu now has a shortcut for the Save All option (CTRL+SHIFT+S).
- Dream Maker now has tabs for open windows (although you can't dock them into split windows as of this time). All tabs that were open on last run will be reopened on startup. A right-click context menu can be used to close the specified tab or other tabs. Shortcuts:
CTRL+w = close
CTRL+tab = next window
CTRL+SHIFT+tab = prev window
- Dream Maker now has a "Show Line Numbers" option under the code preferences menu.
- The position of the default window in the skin is ignored when loading a game for the first time, so that the window is centered. Other windows retain their position, and the main window will still save the last-used position for future sessions as usual.
495 Release Notes | View All