Monster Kingdom

by Falacy
MKO offers a Pokemon inspired adventure, set in a traditional fantasy world.
ID:241743

The random cave generator has been updated, and can now generate caves of various material types, through the change of a single text variable. This is an example of the new Mine type caves that can be created. Compared to the standard caves that were in the early public alpha test.

I'm still trying to decide how I want to handle these caves. Currently, it generates a new cave for every player when they enter the cave. However, I'd like to have a more multiplayer feel to it, so you can wander the caves and see other players around. At the same time, I want to put the generator to good use, and get a lot of random caves going. There is also the issue of those items scattered around the caves being loot that you can sell later for gold (and maybe use for crafting, if I implement that), and caves would quickly get looted empty if everyone was sharing the same one.

Perhaps I'll just add an option for both...
Looks great.
Sweetness. You're game looks pretty SWANKY too.
Falacy wrote:
The random cave generator has been updated, and can now generate caves of various material types, through the change of a single text variable. This is an example of the new Mine type caves that can be created. Compared to the standard caves that were in the early public alpha test.

I'm still trying to decide how I want to handle these caves. Currently, it generates a new cave for every player when they enter the cave. However, I'd like to have a more multiplayer feel to it, so you can wander the caves and see other players around. At the same time, I want to put the generator to good use, and get a lot of random caves going. There is also the issue of those items scattered around the caves being loot that you can sell later for gold (and maybe use for crafting, if I implement that), and caves would quickly get looted empty if everyone was sharing the same one.
I actually have a few ideas for this.
Idea 1: Maybe you could add a party system, and when the parties go in a cave, then it would generate for them.
Idea 2: Multi-channel system. So there's a chance that you will go to another cave with someone. But, not 100% possible. Just a chance.
Perhaps I'll just add an option for both...

In response to XxKeiichi-kunxX
XxKeiichi-kunxX wrote:
Idea 1: Maybe you could add a party system, and when the parties go in a cave, then it would generate for them.

I really like this idea!
Yusuke13 wrote:
XxKeiichi-kunxX wrote:

I really like this idea!

Yeah me too, that would be brilliant

Also why the hell are there so many Rpg's coming out around same time as mine, oh wait i started mine after most.. but oh well damn.
My games going to be eaten by all the competition, my game will become a barren wasteland.

In response to Teka123
Teka123 wrote:
Yusuke13 wrote:
XxKeiichi-kunxX wrote:

I really like this idea!

Yeah me too, that would be brilliant

Also why the hell are there so many Rpg's coming out around same time as mine, oh wait i started mine after most.. but oh well damn.
My games going to be eaten by all the competition, my game will become a barren wasteland.

Just make it great to play!
Fun
Entertaining
Replay Value

WINNER!
I'd like to see this game and how it would play
Is it just one town and one dungeon? i grinded that dungeon for about 30 minutes and every exit leads back to town 1, with no new monsters