ID:242033

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was anywhere on the net I can purchase the actual book, not the page by page print out. I wanted to gift the book to one of my closest friends for his birthday. It's just a perfect gift and I wouldn't want it to look like it's been "home made", meaning self printed on cheap paper. *sad/confused face*

Anyone know where I can find one, anyone selling it? Or should I turn to FedEx, it'll be hecka expensive though.
If you paypal $10 to [email protected] with shipping info (US only), I'll send two books.
I'm pretty curious. How many of those books do you have sitting around, Tom?
Boxes of them! We were a bit overly optimistic back in 2000.
Jeez, I'll have to get one off your hands sometime then. ;)
I'll probably purchase a couple soon. (:
Hey Tom,
Would you mind posting a picture of the book itself?
I'm very interested to see what it looks like. With that I'm also very interested in purchasing it.
Thank you :)
http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=123073&hla=Winning

It's just a copy of the online pdf in a paperback. It's ok I guess!
In response to Psychii
Photo of BYOND user Winning with two of them that he bought a couple weeks ago.

EDIT: Late. Darn you, Tom!
You should give these things out with BYOND memberships
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
You should give these things out with BYOND memberships

You get one in the PDF form for free, and apparently it's only 5 bucks extra for a physical one. Do you want membership to go even higher? I rather have it separate, just advertised better.
Very cool,
Thank you so much, I'll be purchasing them for sure. :)
In response to TheLionsRoar
TheLionsRoar wrote:
Do you want membership to go even higher?

I said give them out, not charge extra for a poorly written guide that nobody should ever read.
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
TheLionsRoar wrote:
Do you want membership to go even higher?

I said give them out, not charge extra for a poorly written guide that nobody should ever read.

Poorly written? I learned from that thing =(
In response to OrangeWeapons
OrangeWeapons wrote:

In response to OrangeWeapons
OrangeWeapons wrote:

I didn't say it was devoid of knowledge, just poorly written. Everything is so over technically explained, and there is rarely an applied example of how to actually use something in the context of making a game. It basically just throws all this long winded information at you with no context of how to put it all together. You'd be better off just reading through the reference, at least those entries are straight to the point. The guide also lacks visual formatting/appeal, everything is just black and white text. Not to mention, a lot of the information in it is nonsensically outdated.
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
The guide also lacks visual formatting/appeal, everything is just black and white text.

Well, we were working with 2000-era technology.

In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Falacy wrote:
The guide also lacks visual formatting/appeal, everything is just black and white text.

It'd be amazing if it was updated then? Now that we have "better" technology.
In response to Psychii
Psychii wrote:
Tom wrote:
Falacy wrote:

It'd be amazing if it was updated then? Now that we have "better" technology.

Why update when he has probably thousands of them...

I still got mine in perfect condition ... cost me around $30 AUD back in the day..
Still have mine from years ago, too, but it wasn't signed by Tom. Makes me want to buy another one, if he'll sign it, just for the novelty...
Page: 1 2