ID:257818

I tried to make a self portrait of myself and something is wrong but i think it's good for a first try at pixel art...

i drew this:
My drawing!

using this:
My picture!

How can I fix it??
Good job on your first try.

Some bits:
-Add a neck, unless you want a floating head :P
-Eyes are a little two large
-The nose could be a little bit more defined
-The chin is two small

Other than those small details, I think you did a great job.
In response to Maggeh
Thanks!

How exactly could I add more detail on the nose? And how?
(not trying to sound arrogant or sarcastic if it does..)

I tried changing the eyes and adding a neck...

Turned out like this:
Better now?

But now something else seems to be wrong with it -_-
In response to Bovine_Buddy
On the nose bit: A Darker shade/hue of the skin color should do the trick

Mmm, you might have your face porportions off by a bit. Try shortening the nose a pixel or two, and move the mouth up a pixel or two on the face.

Also your neck is bit too small. If you look at your picture you'll notice your neck is about the thickness of your face (from the tip of your nose down to the bottom of the chin).

This might help you in drawing your face:

Basic Front View Portrait: http://library.thinkquest.org/C0118063/studio.htm

3/4 View Portrait (this is the view your drawing in so it's probably more relevant than the first link) http://edutainmenteng.wordpress.com/2006/12/06/ drawing-a-proportional-face-34-view/

In response to Bovine_Buddy
Heya, Bovine. Nice portrait. Damn good job for some first pixel work!

You've got the eyebrows and hair done pretty well for solid shaded elements.

Maggeh's spot on with his ideas.
You've got the eyes still a lil big. If you shrink 'em (just a bit), and take the eye on our right and move it up a pixel and toward the other a pixel, I think you'd be a little closer to the photo. The lips are done well but might be a bit too low (or increase the jaw just a hair below them).

Maggeh wrote:
Mmm, you might have your face porportions off by a bit. Try shortening the nose a pixel or two, and move the mouth up a pixel or two on the face.

Yep.

Bovine_Buddy wrote:
How exactly could I add more detail on the nose? And how?

Maggeh wrote:
On the nose bit: A Darker shade/hue of the skin color should do the trick

Exactly. If you color the area to our left of the nose with a shade just a bit darker than the face just under the eye, it'll create somewhat of a shadow for the nose and make it come out of the face a bit.

Bovine_Buddy wrote:
But now something else seems to be wrong with it -_-

Keep working on it. People spend their whole lives learning how to do portraits. It isn't easy. Good work so far!
In response to TheMonkeyDidIt
Thanks, I'll keep trying :)