ID:257868

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
You probably should have posted in your other topic about the same icon, but oh well.

The animation is a lot better than the old one, but it's really rugged, and not smooth. Since I'm not very good with animations yet (and I rarely do them actually), I don't know what to suggest to fix it exactly.

Maybe speed up the delay, or add more frames to make the animation more fluid.

Also nice hollow, it does indeed look like one from the comic book.
In response to Maggeh
Maggeh wrote:
You probably should have posted in your other topic about the same icon, but oh well.

The animation is a lot better than the old one, but it's really rugged, and not smooth. Since I'm not very good with animations yet (and I rarely do them actually), I don't know what to suggest to fix it exactly.

Maybe speed up the delay, or add more frames to make the animation more fluid.

Also nice hollow, it does indeed look like one from the comic book.

Thanks, well I showed it in Showroom and it wasn't "complete" i thought it should be in "Works in Progress", lol. ;P

Anywho.. I fixed it up, and I'm still new to the P.S Animation trying to do the same as I do on DM which is much easier.. so I'll just be working off and on, on it.

In response to Javster
Lift the arms up while its walking more. Almost give them alittle bend. Try Walking IRL and watch your arms and legs.. That helps. Atleast for me.
In response to Legendary Goku 10
Nice to see you've taken up animation.

This icon has 5 tiles, so you cant pull off great/smooth movement with just 2 frames. The "stand" or normal positioning doesnt have to be part of the movement.

Right now some of the body parts are facing east/west instead of south the direction the hollow is facing/moving.

What LG said is true, making out the movement IRL does help no matter how awkward you may feel. Alternate with that and looking at some of your perfected smaller sprites, if any of them has a nice walk.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
In response to Hulio-G
Hulio-G wrote:
Nice to see you've taken up animation.

This icon has 5 tiles, so you cant pull off great/smooth movement with just 2 frames. The "stand" or normal positioning doesnt have to be part of the movement.

Right now some of the body parts are facing east/west instead of south the direction the hollow is facing/moving.

What LG said is true, making out the movement IRL does help no matter how awkward you may feel. Alternate with that and looking at some of your perfected smaller sprites, if any of them has a nice walk.

Actually his limbs were right based on how Fishbone D moved in the anime. It hunched over as I remember a bit like a monkey (TheMonkeyDidit!) and knees were spread out a bit. So he's got that right, just needs to edit it a bit.
In response to Latoma
Latoma wrote:

Actually his limbs were right based on how Fishbone D moved in the anime. It hunched over as I remember a bit like a monkey (TheMonkeyDidit!) and knees were spread out a bit. So he's got that right, just needs to edit it a bit.

Some good points, he hunches over but he doesnt use his knuckles for movement, so it'll look funny if the fists are facing us and are a 32 pixels in the air. But I guess when you lean over in real life the back of the hand naturally shows. So yeah, I suppose he could just skim through episode 1 on youtube and go either way.

In response to Hulio-G
Hulio-G wrote:
Latoma wrote:

Some good points, he hunches over but he doesnt use his knuckles for movement, so it'll look funny if the fists are facing us and are a 32 pixels in the air. But I guess when you lean over in real life the back of the hand naturally shows. So yeah, I suppose he could just skim through episode 1 on youtube and go either way.

I am a professional at acting roles, I often choreographed myself whenever I fought in RPs so as to learn to mimic exact movements and describe them in text, when you walk like fishbone D, your wrists tend to turn So you can only see the thumb from a Frontal View, not the whole sides of the hands (Those hands from earlier looked more like Monkey Fists anyhow than Fishbone D's and were too thin either way). The Shape of the hands needs refining mostly, and other than that it's doing quite fine.

Fishbone D is funny looking in picture due to he's bathed in light in what we make, but in the anime he's Draped in Shadow in a way that makes him VERY menacing, thus why he was the 'first' Manga Hollow (compared to the praying Mantis in the anime), it was because he was to give an idea how Fearsome Hollows are. Notice all the hollows are more scary at night.
In response to Latoma
Latoma wrote:
I am a professional at acting roles, I often choreographed myself whenever I fought in RPs so as to learn to mimic exact movements and describe them in text, when you walk like fishbone D, your wrists tend to turn So you can only see the thumb from a Frontal View, not the whole sides of the hands (Those hands from earlier looked more like Monkey Fists anyhow than Fishbone D's and were too thin either way). The Shape of the hands needs refining mostly, and other than that it's doing quite fine.

A little too much information...you dont need to be a proffessional actor to see how these basic movements work and it in no way gives you an advantage over other animators, not saying you're trying to imply this, but thats the only reason why I could see you saying that.

Basically, like you said thumbs should be facing us like the "arrow view" circled in the middle of this image.
Though if you want to "micmic" the enthusiasm of FishBone D. The wrists should alternate from the red side(red dot) to the green side (green dot) in movement frames. Otherwise( To Be Continued...)

Fishbone D is funny looking in picture due to he's bathed in light in what we make, but in the anime he's Draped in Shadow in a way that makes him VERY menacing, thus why he was the 'first' Manga Hollow (compared to the praying Mantis in the anime), it was because he was to give an idea how Fearsome Hollows are. Notice all the hollows are more scary at night.

(This was a general statement about all pixel work not saying the Fishbone in the "anime" walks funny...) Otherwise it'll look funny like the Red dot in this image.
Because the back of the hands would be facing us for no purpose...You see in monkeyfists gorilla the back of the hands face us because the knuckles are used for movement.

(Those hands from earlier looked more like Monkey Fists anyhow than Fishbone D's and were too thin either way).

Surely...Even you know that was just an example to show him how the sides of a hand should look, I'm not going to do his work for him. I dont feel like posting work to stray from Javsters topic, that would be disrespectful. Though if you question my skill you can browse byond and search my name.
In response to Hulio-G
Hulio-G wrote:
Latoma wrote:

A little too much information...you dont need to be a proffessional actor to see how these basic movements work and it in no way gives you an advantage over other animators, not saying you're trying to imply this, but thats the only reason why I could see you saying that.

Basically, like you said thumbs should be facing us like the "arrow view" circled in the middle of this image.
Though if you want to "micmic" the enthusiasm of FishBone D. The wrists should alternate from the red side(red dot) to the green side (green dot) in movement frames. Otherwise( To Be Continued...)

(This was a general statement about all pixel work not saying the Fishbone in the "anime" walks funny...) Otherwise it'll look funny like the Red dot in this image.
Because the back of the hands would be facing us for no purpose...You see in monkeyfists gorilla the back of the hands face us because the knuckles are used for movement.

(Those hands from earlier looked more like Monkey Fists anyhow than Fishbone D's and were too thin either way).

Surely...Even you know that was just an example to show him how the sides of a hand should look, I'm not going to do his work for him. I dont feel like posting work to stray from Javsters topic, that would be disrespectful. Though if you question my skill you can browse byond and search my name.

Never said I doubted your skill, but the thing is as I see it that, considering Fishbone D's supposed to be hunched over, it just means his hands have to be near the ground, doesn't mean they -have- to touch the ground. He only slammed his hands into the ground I think to balance himself when he lunched to eat someone.
In response to Latoma
This is what i used; http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/1/12/ 250px-Hollow2.jpg

it seems as if i am missing a few more pixels, and as for the movement i did what i do on my Base icons
In response to Javster
Javster wrote:
This is what i used; http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/1/12/ 250px-Hollow2.jpg

it seems as if i am missing a few more pixels, and as for the movement i did what i do on my Base icons

If you're using that, where's the Blue-Green 'Cast' over his arms? And it's obvious the arms should be a LITTLE lower.
In response to Latoma
Latoma wrote:
Javster wrote:

If you're using that, where's the Blue-Green 'Cast' over his arms? And it's obvious the arms should be a LITTLE lower.

"it seems as if i am missing a few more pixels"