ID:258297

Working a little on one of the male bases for the free icon pack. I like how this came out, though I'm sure it could be improved. C&C >.>

Xooxer wrote:
Working a little on one of the male bases for the free icon pack. I like how this came out, though I'm sure it could be improved. C&C >.>

This is one of the best base's ive seen O_O i'll definetly use your stuff when it's done i think it would make a good RPG?
Xooxer wrote:

Wow this base looks awesome, your really skilled. I haven't seen a base any better yet, nice job.Does the base have a big head or is it just me lol, but really its awesome.
In response to Rasengan3oo4
Well the head would be bigger since its a 3/4ths perspective, but it is a very large head for a base(Even for anime!) But most bases have huge heads to show details on there faces(Chibi's).
Xooxer wrote:

I wanna make love to a Xooxer.
Chibbyness is really well excuted :) side state feet look alittle clubbed though lol Very nice base though i must say :)
In response to Chris-g1
Thanks. I think the sides need some more work. Maybe a slight off-angle will help, and I think the head is tilted wrong, making it look weird. Here's a short 3 state walking animation, no shading, but does show the hair line.

In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
Thanks. I think the sides need some more work. Maybe a slight off-angle will help, and I think the head is tilted wrong, making it look weird. Here's a short 3 state walking animation, no shading, but does show the hair line.

Less angle on the trialing arm and more distance between both feet and you have a really nice walking motion going on there ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was kinda worried the female base wouldn't come out as nice in the line art as the male, but I think my fears were unfounded. I believe this design will work nicely. What do you think?
In response to Chris-g1
Ah, I see what you mean. Nice edit.
In response to Xooxer
Legs look to masculine because they're to chubby.
In response to XxJUICExX
XxJUICExX wrote:
Legs look to masculine because they're to chubby.

Ya saying women cant have chubby legs? lol

Id say that will be better determind when its shaded of course
I love how this Embrases the "baby ina diper" look. Weather on purpose or not. Its funny.

By the way: I'm a fan of you're tiles. I'm not the least bit disappointed by you using the texture program. Our computers today can handle "hires pixel art". And its cool to break into new grounds for doing things. Maybe you could teach me how to use the program one day?
In response to Kataharo Tayoko
I don't see what the big deal is with using graphics tools to create game art. I'm not going to spend 8 hours poorly rendering a 10 frame 32x32 wave animation pixel by pixel (OVER 9,000 FOR THOSE WHO ARE COUNTING) if there's a tool that can do it for me with better quality results in bout 30 seconds. :P Except for these bases, all my tile work so far has been done in MS Paint and Photoshop CS2, with the one animation from Texture Maker, since animated water is hell to do by hand. I've also rendered icons using Poser with some success (now that BYOND supports alpha transparencies), and if the right project comes long, I'd not hesitate to do so again.

Strict adherence to pixel purity is ok for zen artists, but it's simply not practical these days for creating amateur art for games, especially in a community nearly devoid of quality artists. I say if it works, use it.
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
I don't see what the big deal is with using graphics tools to create game art. I'm not going to spend 8 hours poorly rendering a 10 frame 32x32 wave animation pixel by pixel (OVER 9,000 FOR THOSE WHO ARE COUNTING) if there's a tool that can do it for me with better quality results in bout 30 seconds. :P Except for these bases, all my tile work so far has been done in MS Paint and Photoshop CS2, with the one animation from Texture Maker, since animated water is hell to do by hand. I've also rendered icons using Poser with some success (now that BYOND supports alpha transparencies), and if the right project comes long, I'd not hesitate to do so again.

Strict adherence to pixel purity is ok for zen artists, but it's simply not practical these days for creating amateur art for games, especially in a community nearly devoid of quality artists. I say if it works, use it.

Maybe a tutorial on how to use software like that in the future would be cool (especially texture maker animating). I can see these methods being a great time convenience.

@ Juice

<font color = teal> ?</font color = teal>

At first I doubted like chris and didn't think it would work with this small space out until I tried it out. More curves certainly are a female characteristic and help establish the difference.
In response to Hulio-G
Yeh, I like Hulio's edit much better.