ID:258985

C&C is welcomed,

WIP
call sign:Pit viper(because of its main turret faster than average firing speed)
this is the standard allied tank(allied faction yet to be named)for one of my future projects.this particular version consists of several latter models with major changes only to its ordnance.

though im working on it when im bored..like right now hehe.and yes the game is going to be in platformer perspective.
Zane444 wrote:
C&C is welcomed,

WIP
call sign:Pit viper(because of its main turret faster than average firing speed)
this is the standard allied tank(allied faction yet to be named)for one of my future projects.this particular version consists of several latter models with major changes only to its ordnance.

though im working on it when im bored..like right now hehe.and yes the game is going to be in platformer perspective.

The back end goes down when it simulates the shooting. Don't know if it was intentionally though.
In response to Kaimana
Yeah it was done intentionally to simulate the recoil.should be done with another update shortly
Mounted gun should be more static when moving.
In response to Doobly-Doo Productions
as should the red light pole...unless your going for a cartoon like movement. Tanks are built pretty tough and the various parts they are composed of wouldn't bounce around like that. With the exception of perhaps the antennas, but still I'm not sure they would move as much as you have them doing. The recoil a tank produces would simply cause it to rock backward a bit (a method of absorbing the recoil produced when firing, keeping everything else stationary).
In response to Aristotl3
yeah I'm exaggerating some things with the animation,I wont feel right leaving it so stiff.
as for the mounted gun it should should be able to move about pretty freely when manned,and the recoil produced by the main turret firing is considerable greater than it takes to move it.

polishing animation shading the muzzle flash also.
In response to Zane444

UPDATE!!!

I exaggerated the smoke produced at the muzzle of the turret to give it that,"Holy shit,i don't wanna get hit by that." feel hehe
I also reduced the movement of the mounted gun a bit,reduced the movement of the rear beacon
C&C please.
In response to Zane444
It looks awesome. But I think you have your light pole going the wrong way? Shouldn't go the same direction as the antennas, not the opposite?
In response to Aristotl3
Aristotl3 wrote:
It looks awesome. But I think you have your light pole going the wrong way? Shouldn't go the same direction as the antennas, not the opposite?

Thanks.Yeah it should guess i missed that.
In response to Zane444
explosion dust should move forward and arc upwards as it dissipates.
In response to Pmitch
heh guess i did the opposite :/ will fix
In response to Zane444
Looking good man.
In response to Zane444
Love this piece, you're one of the best animators i ever seen here man, keep doing the good job and fast progress :)

PS: I dont really see problem with the dust, if the wind blows this way <<<<<< :P
In response to Zane444
After shooting a round of that size, the muzzle will smoke a bit.

This shows how the explosion should look like.

This demonstrates what the smoke does, and a little of how the tank moves.
In response to Albro1
@Egor thanks man,means alot coming from a another great artist :)

first design for a standard issue chopper for the allied faction in game.this is the first design and it is almost certain that it would change.C&C

PS will update the tank once i can find the time,exams start tomorrow!!! X.X
In response to Zane444
The wings are spinning too slow, but its not a problem, just make delay lower. Which side does it going? Up, or right? If right side, the heli should be lopsided.

The line-art is good, but i dont like colors (but dont worry, since its just meassure of taste). I love contrasts, when used well it form shapes without much number of colors, heli here looks a bit flat, colors are seamless.

For example, take a look at Metal Slug's heli:

In response to Egor
I agree with Egor's comment on the tilt, however, your positioning and speed of the blades is ideal and pretty much perfect for a landing or take off state! So make sure you back this version up so you don't have to redo it if you decide to put a lean to it!
In response to Aristotl3
haha i forgot to mention that this is the idle state,the slow rotors are primarily for slow/idle rpm.

yeah im trying to find a pallet to suit the skin for allied airborne vehicles,will post an update as soon as im done with my exams(Wednesday)
That's pretty darn cool. You don't often see that level of detail in an animation around here.