ID:194495

Anyone know of anyone that needs a senior tech for around $50k? Looks like it's time for me to be moving on...

Anyone know of anyone that needs a senior tech for around $50k? Looks like it's time for me to be moving on...

Hmm, that sounds ominous! Don't know of anyone offhand, but you can always try a headhunter. If you want, I can see if I can find any in your area (if I recall correctly, it's Dayton, right?).
In response to Guy T.
On 1/15/01 7:06 pm Guy T. wrote:

Hmm, that sounds ominous! Don't know of anyone offhand, but you can always try a headhunter. If you want, I can see if I can find any in your area (if I recall correctly, it's Dayton, right?).

Are you willing to relocate?

I don't know of positions offhand, but most of my connections are in the Bay Area.

And what does Senior Tech entail in your neck of the woods?
In response to Deadron
I'll probably relocate to Colorodo. I've family still in the Bay Area looking to move away and we're all thinking of hooking up around Boulder. I was planning on letting them beat me there, but I'm reconsidering now.

Nothing really ominous, just getting restless with my current job. Some things have changed which will allow me to attend the GOB meetings, which is on the bright side :). On the dark side is the amount of stress I'll be dealing with is going to increase by aprox. 200%. I'm no stranger to stress, but sometimes it's easier to accept when it's not forced on me.

I've been going over several different options, and the best one seems to stay where I am until May 2002 (due to current contracts and agreements). Relocation and expenses for breaking rental contracts would offset this and if the position is decent, I'd move without a qualm.

Here's the sort of position I'm qualified for:
2nd level support team
Some management experience
Hardware/Software/Networking (NT, some Novel)
Software:
Most common Windows applications used for office or publishing (Office Suites, Corel graphics, Adobe graphics)
Some Document Management experience (PCDOCS, iManage)
Legal applications
Generally, if I don't know it I can learn it.
All Windows OS's, some MAC, some UNIX
Other:
Push technology, Extra/Intra -nets
High-speed connectivity (DSL, T-lines, Frame-relay)
Internet security

Responsibilities can range from supporting internal systems to external customer's systems (software or hardware). I can't do a lot of field work which would require me to be away for days or weeks at a time.

I'm fairly decent at telephonic support, but don't like working on the front lines - I'm better as part of second level support team.

I've mostly worked in the Legal and publishing fields, providing technical software and hardware support, but can branch to just about anything.

I polished up my resume about six months ago, and I'm going to think about this for the next two weeks. In two weeks I'll have a pretty good idea on what I want to do (stay or move on) and start pushing it out.

I've heard some good things about dice.com and I'll start there. On the other hand, word of mouth has served me well so if you know of anyone looking for someone like me... I'm always interrested in good offers and will consider them seriously, no matter what I choose in the next two weeks.

Three years ago someone I used to play MUDs with got me in touch with her husband who got me in touch with my current employer. Networking is a powerfull tool :). At the time I was just putting out feelers to see what was out there, and was offered a job I couldn't refuse.