In response to LordJR
well personally I say if people aren't paying/willing to pay the price then make the game better until they do! :)
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
LOL!! I think that was me. What game were they
advertising?

Yep. Now that I think about it, it WAS you. A super-hero game if I recall...

Regards,
Corporate Dog
In response to Corporate Dog
Corporate Dog wrote:
Sariat wrote:
LOL!! I think that was me. What game were they
advertising?

Yep. Now that I think about it, it WAS you. A super-hero game if I recall...

Regards,
Corporate Dog

Ha! Score one more for Sariat!
I don't think a dollar a month to play a game is unreasable, but of course I'm never gonna pay anything to play anything. The "golden dime syndrome" is only that way because most people (like me) are restricted to sending money for online benefits. I guarentee you'll probably never see me subscribe to any game on byond ever. If I could though, a dollar a month would not be too bad. I mean I buy a coke from a machine every day for a month just about and thats running for 50 cents a day and it all equals out, well lets say a 30 day month... Why thats 15.00 dollars according to my computer calculator (of course my computer is stupid though which only shines on me, so correct me if I'm some how wrong). And each coke probably lasts me an hour which would equal up to 30 hours. Just sprinkling in useless info...

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
I possible solution to this problem is tangible returns...

What I know is that in UK and the rest of Western Europe, they have what is known as postal games. It have spread to the internet, and features: people who pay money.

They do so because many things most of which is mentioned.

But also because they may get a tangible reward/recognition.

For example, you can send a mailed membership prove. (A piece of paper that said: "You are member of game X for period Y to Z")Of course, you then have to charge more to recover mailing cost.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5