ID:148531

I need a little help with this here. Its for a streets of rage styled fighting game.

I want to ask the player what guy they'll play. I've used the input comand and it sets a var called choicer. The problem is ... how do i set the cleint to the mob he chose.Heres what i got for that. ..

mob
PC
if(usr.choicer == 1)
client(Bob)
if(usr.choicer == 2)
client(Joe)
if(usr.choicer == 3)
client(Mark)
if(usr.choicer == 4)
client(Tom)

This gives me abunch of errors because i don't know how to use it .. A little help please?

i keep getting duplicate definition errors.
Unowuero wrote:
I need a little help with this here. Its for a streets of rage styled fighting game.

I want to ask the player what guy they'll play. I've used the input comand and it sets a var called choicer. The problem is ... how do i set the cleint to the mob he chose.Heres what i got for that. ..

mob
PC
if(usr.choicer == 1)
client(Bob)
if(usr.choicer == 2)
client(Joe)
if(usr.choicer == 3)
client(Mark)
if(usr.choicer == 4)
client(Tom)

This gives me abunch of errors because i don't know how to use it .. A little help please?

i keep getting duplicate definition errors.

Well, this certainly ought to produce a gaggle of errors. It's got huge problems all across the board.

First, you've got all these if() statements outside of a proc. When exactly were you expecting them to be called?

Second, client(thing) is totally wrong syntax. I have no idea what you're even trying to do there, but DM has even less. There is no client() proc.

Third, whatever you're trying to do in the non-proc client() probably needs type paths like /mob/Bob, or text strings like "Bob". Unless you have existing vars named Bob, Joe, Mark, and Tom, this is wrong.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say that he wants the player to choose a name (Bob, Joe, Mark, Tom) when they log in. Next, he'd probably set their icon/icon_state to something custom to those names. Good luck.
Unowuero wrote:

You might check out Deadron.CharacterSaving, which is a demo that shows you how to customize characters for players, using the CharacterHandling library.

You can probably make some good progress just trying to change the demo to do what you want.
In response to Mertek
Thx for the help.... I'm getting Malver to help me in rl with this stuff but yah .. Mertek you got it right i'm trying to change the Icon state to the char selected.

The reason i got the if's outside procs is because i'm still in procudure programing mode :P Stupid addictive Qbasic :P