ID:190169

Just wondering. about the copyright laws of america/canada what kind of protection do the laws offer for Works in Progress and how can someone protect their material BEFORE its completed, other than by not even releasing it, which isnt an option for me.

Bumped = 1
please people, I'd really like to know what the laws are regarding works in progress (writing specifically) and more specifically, script writing.
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
please people, I'd really like to know what the laws are regarding works in progress (writing specifically) and more specifically, script writing.

I'm sure you'd do alot better just looking it up, rather than asking a game forum.

~>Volte
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
please people, I'd really like to know what the laws are
regarding works in progress (writing specifically) and more
specifically, script writing.

I guess you over-looked my link posted in post [link] - http://www.rocketboxcomics.com/articles/ article-copyright.shtml

While that may not answer all your needs directly, the three links at the bottom of that article should point you in the right direction.
In response to digitalmouse
nah, already got it all. canadian copyright laws cover works in progress.
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
nah, already got it all. canadian copyright laws cover works in progress.whatcha mean what are you talking about and how do i get copyrite on my stuff?
In response to Arc-Angel2
you simply make it.. the moment something is made its pretty much copyrighted.

the hard part is proving that yours is the original in court. and that is pretty much all you have to worry about, HOWEVER.

if you truly wish to make a profit from your story or whatnot. register it..

Any government office/City hall should be equipped with the information required for this.
In response to Volte
If your implying that this is a totally inappropriate place for this, then your most certainly mistaken. He is asking a perfectly valid question for a game forum, it's information on in-game creation copyright laws. Notice how its about games, on a gaming off topic forum?

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
In response to Kusanagi
Its not a gaming specific question, Darebs talking about scripts for movies and such. Its been brought up a few times, but no-one here knows that much on the subject. Chances are he is better off looking the web for it.
In response to Maz
yes, it was about games, but scripts are awefully general.

Ive dabbled in writing scripts for games and have a few collecting dust now and I can tell you that not much is different, except that with games you must be more specific