ID:135086

I can't access my own BYONDscape libraries. It seems my membership has lapsed. (Thank goodness I submitted fresh content to extend it for a bit.)

Since I can't work on my site's CGI interface without ProcessHTML I figured I would turn off the "exclusive download" checkbox, download it, then set it again with no one the wiser. The hub interface won't let me. Every time I uncheck the exclusive download option and submit, I get the message "Choose channel member features: exclusive downloading has been set by default." Is that a bug or intentional?

It would be very nice if the creator of a library could download his or her own work without removing it from the channel. :)
Maybe you could submit it to your own channel. It's probably tripping out because of the settings for BYONDscape's channel are dicatating it's download options.

~X
Shadowdarke wrote:
Since I can't work on my site's CGI interface without ProcessHTML I figured I would turn off the "exclusive download" checkbox, download it, then set it again with no one the wiser. The hub interface won't let me. Every time I uncheck the exclusive download option and submit, I get the message "Choose channel member features: exclusive downloading has been set by default." Is that a bug or intentional?

Probably my fault, but I'm so long away from that code that Mike gets the joy of figuring it out!
I've gone ahead and extended your membership, if that helps any!
Shadowdarke wrote:
I figured I would turn off the "exclusive download" checkbox, download it, then set it again with no one the wiser. The hub interface won't let me. Every time I uncheck the exclusive download option and submit, I get the message "Choose channel member features: exclusive downloading has been set by default." Is that a bug or intentional?

It's intentional. I believe the reasoning was that it doesn't make sense to set a non-free distribution type (channel membership in this case) if you aren't tying one or more subscription features to that distribution. For channel membership, you have these choices for subscription features:

• only subscribers can download from hub
  • player rankings
  • hubfiles

If none are set, then the server "helpfully" sets the first one by default. You could have gotten around this in couple of ways:
  • Set one of the other features
  • Add yourself as a subscriber to your hub entry

It would be very nice if the creator of a library could download his or her own work without removing it from the channel. :)

Yeah, that makes sense. Done!
In response to Mike H
I still don't understand why, when doing channel membership, it always checks "Only subscribers can download from hub", even though when non-subscribers tried, they were able to when I tried unchecking it and submitting, even though it defaulted to checked again.
In response to Gughunter
Gughunter wrote:
<cough>
Uhhh....ya, I have this same problem. >_>

Better extend my membership as well!
</cough>
In response to Teh Governator
Teh Governator wrote:
Gughunter wrote:
<cough>
Uhhh....ya, I have this same problem. >_>

Better extend my membership as well!
</cough>

Just to set the record straight, my sd_tree library was released the same day on BYONDscape. Guy was just letting me know he'd extended my access before he announced the lib on the BYONDscape site. :p