ID:186198

ReRoute is an idea that came to me earlier today. I was sitting at work, highlighting some stuff, when an idea hit me, like a ton of bricks. ReRoute. It's basic function is to be a resource for anything network. ReRoute comes from the name Router.

It will be a wiki project (possibly media-wiki). The goal is to provide networking tips and tricks for as many products as possible. Port forwarding will be its main goal, because that seems to be the biggest problem people have with routers, firewalls, and other networking devices. Tutorials on most makes and models of routers, firewalls, and anything else that needs to be forwarded though.

Along with port forwarding, it will also have tutorials on setting up static IPs, configuring networking devices, and general information on networking terms and functions.

The only problem is that this is a mammoth task. This will require help from other people. I will need people who would be willing to post everything they know about networking, and if they have a router, how to work its functions.

Why? You are no doubt asking. Well, this is a nitch that does not seem to be filled, and it needed. Too many people blame the wrong thing for what ends up to being port forwarding errors. I want to share my mind with others. I feel that information is not something that can be sold, but should be shared with the whole world.

So, I call to you, the BYOND community, to put in your input on this. I am making this for way more than BYOND, but the whole world. Any ideas or suggestions, please, put them here or email me at scoobert at scoobsoft dot com(Spam proof formatting).
Er, why not just a few Bwicki pages to that effect?
In response to Lummox JR
Because I want it to be big, and not feel like it is just for BYOND.