ID:184242

How is it that I am banned, but Silkwizard is not?

(Front page banned, I mean)

Silkwizard constantly degrades the BYOND staff, fellow members, and is the MOST elitist of anyone in this community. "LOL HAY GUYZ I MAKE LAME COMMERICALS SO I CAN BE CONSIDERED BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU".

All I did was make fun of Silkwizard, and I was front page banned.

Yes I did threaten to abuse BYOND bugs, etc, etc. I was just angry about being front page banned, nothing came of it.

But the point still remains, Silkwizard has done way more than anyone who has been front page banned, so why is he still around?
Even though I disagree with nearly all Silkwizard's posts, they still have content, and were not spam. Your posts never even(if not, then rarely) made sense and were moronic blind insults. Which was considered as spam, as it seems.

To state it simple: He was just sharing his opinion on HIS blog, and you were personally insulting him on your blog -- which is not wanted on the front page, it seems.

O-matic
In response to O-matic
Fair enough, I suppose my posts were kind of hard to understand half the time if you didn't browse 4-chan

Still, shouldn't abusing the byond staff throw up a big red ban flag?
In response to Jermman
Jermman wrote:

How was there any case of abuse?

O-matic
In response to O-matic
O-matic wrote:
Jermman wrote:

How was there any case of abuse?

O-matic

Keep an eye out when browsing members blogs.

It's generally "Hey guys Im better than the BYOND staff and the BYOND staff have no idea what they are doing and I could do everything better blah blah blah blah".
In response to Jermman
this is not abuse, but rather Silk's style of rant - and of course his opinion, which he is entitled to, just as you are. not all the staff disagree with him, and while the banter seems harsh he's tried to keep things as 'discussable', albeit argumentative, as possible.

if you notice in the commentary of his blogs, various staff agree and disagree but overall do pretty well trying to keep things civil without becoming flamey.

His interpretation of what he believes is needed to be done, is just that: his interpretation. i don't believe he actually thinks he is better than any of the other staff, considering the varied experience and knowledge of that group spans more years than he's been alive, but he has a strong conviction in what he believes is the 'right thing'. i doubt any of the staff can fault him for that.

Silk has a genuine desire to see BYOND succeed at some level, and this is his way of trying to light a fire under the BYOND staff's collective butts in the hope that things improve soon. various staff may severely disagree with him on the whats, whys, and hows, but he hasn't done anything really evil to warrant a boot from the front page.

you Jermman, on the otherhand, were unfortunately just providing troll-like material. you are entitled to your opinions on your blog, but the style of that material was not appropriate for front-page status.
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:
i don't believe he actually thinks he is better than any of the other staff

You don't actually read the members blogs, do you?
In response to Jermman
I read his blog, and I don't agree with most of what he says about how he thinks BYOND should be, but I never once saw him call himself better than any of the staff.

He does disagree with them, and tends to push his opinion as fact, which does give him air of superiority, but isn't that half of what public speaking is about. Silk is a wordsmith, all the way. This does go along with his video making. He knows how to present opinions as fact without actually saying they are fact.

Despite this flaw/feature to Silk, he has not stepped outside of the TOS of BYOND membership. He keeps his tone civil(Most of the time) and does not insult others.

I have seen you, on many occasions, make posts that don't have any content, at all. Sometimes several times a day. When you were on the "Communism" trip, you were really bad.
Jermman wrote:
All I did was make fun of Silkwizard, and I was front page banned.

You haven't been front-page banned in some time. But continue making personal attacks and you will be. This goes for all users.
What determines the time frame for which a blog ban stays in effect? I'm just curious.
In response to BigBoiD
BigBoiD wrote:
What determines the time frame for which a blog ban stays in effect? I'm just curious.

There is no specific time frame. We just want to be assured that people will follow the rules. Since you are probably talking about your account: your posting caused us some hassle, and you certainly knew that before you made it. Maybe that was your intent, but I will flat out tell you that these sorts of actions make resolution of the community problems less forthcoming.

If you can refrain from putting inflammatory material on your blog, you can have it publicized once again.
In response to Tom
Im -still- front page banned.
In response to Danial.Beta
Communism trip?

Im -still- a communist, thanks.
In response to Jermman
Jermman wrote:
Im -still- front page banned.

You are categorically not front page banned. I'm sitting here looking at the blog approval controls, and your blog is approved. So is your most recent post.
In response to Crispy
:)

Bonus.
Last time I checked though, everything I post doesnt show up on the front page.

But Ill try again.