ID:183591

I know there is a text-only version of this developer's forum, but I don't know where to find it. I can't find the link and searching is painful. This dialup connection is topping at 0.5 kbps, and I'm not sure if that's bytes or baud. I'm fairly certain that it's not bits.
God capt, you need to speed up your internet.
In response to Drakiel
I hate how people always say that like a person can just up and get a faster connection.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
I hate how people always say that like a person can just up and get a faster connection.

Tell me about it. I JUST recently made my way into the 21st century & was able to afford cable internet. I was 56k modem for YEARS.
They should make it more simple ('mini.byond.com' perhaps?) to access, especially if you're using a phone.
In response to Teh Governator
You can get DSL for as cheap as $20 where I live now. There really isn't any excuse. Cable Internet is not only more expensive but a lot less reliable.
In response to Drakiel
I'm going to try to make a switch tomorrow. there is no DSL service in my area and cable has always been a bish for me to get. I can't afford satellite and I don't know what ISDN is or how to get it, but apparently it's slow.

I get free basic cable from a company called Strategic Technology. If they can supply me with cable, why not cable internet access? I'm going to call them up tomorrow and see what's what. They aren't a big company from what I know (and with AT&T buying up all the big companies, I think this one is pretty safe), but they are of good service. I called them up in the afternoon to hook up the cable and they were able to hook me up the next morning. The guy was pretty polite (even though he had a nasty look on his face) and maybe if I call early in the morning, they can get here the same day.

What a bunch of useless details about my life. Anyway, try to host d.Talk, you little girl. I'll see if I can bear the connection to find it on the hub.

Also, someone bought me a membership 3 days ago and I have no clue who it was. Who was it!?
In response to Revenant Jesus
And slower. ADSL can top any speed standard cable provides (at least in my area) and you don't have to share bandwidth. Bellsouth used to give me an 8 Megabit connection with 512 kilobit up-speed. The highest cable I've seen had 3 megabits up. When I say standard cable, I mean fiber optic, not copper.

However, there are plenty of excuses not to have DSL. Some people can't afford it (it really depends on the provider and the area), some don't want it, some can't get it (that's me). No providers service this new little housing complex I live in.
It still isn't available in all areas though.
In response to CaptFalcon33035
CaptFalcon33035 wrote:
Also, someone bought me a membership 3 days ago and I have no clue who it was. Who was it!?

Nadrew was asking for names of people who deserve a membership, I happened to say your name :/
Revenant Jesus wrote:
You can get DSL for as cheap as $20 where I live now. There really isn't any excuse. Cable Internet is not only more expensive but a lot less reliable.

Says you; mine is reliable and only $33..0_0