ID:182510

My 8500 isnt cutting it anymore, it never was really, but at least it was playing games without lag. Now that ive got assassins creed i can see its weakness (mostly in the dynamic lighting department)! Anyway after doing some research it seems like either the nvidia 9600 or the radeon 3870 are the best deal for what they can do vs their price

Input! output! ideassssss <.O yea
ill be buying the 9600 in a couple hours anyway, but feel free to comment =P
"8500" doesn't tell us much in terms of what card it is.
How much RAM does it have?
I'm tempted to buy this one for my build:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814134041
In response to Flame Sage
regardless of RAM the 8500 is weak, mine only had 256mb but still. The 8600 is when they got semi-decent but now that one is pretty weak. The 9800 is pretty much the best spec wise from what ive seen, though its not much better then the 8800. NVIDIA based that info is, duno much about the radeons
In response to Falacy
My 7600GT runs Assassin's Creed pretty well.
Flame Sage wrote:
"8500" doesn't tell us much in terms of what card it is.

I can tell what kind of card it is. nVidia GeForce 8500,
since he's probably not going to run anything that came out after the year 2005 with a card from the ATi Radeon 8000 series.

How much RAM does it have?

On board RAM doesn't mean squat for performance unless the bus width is large enough to take advantage of it.

Falacy, frankly, what card you should get depends upon your budget. I haven't seen any benchmarks on the GeForce 9600, so I can't really give any input on it. I'll tell you one thing though, my ATi Radeon HD3870 runs it damned well. :D
In response to CaptFalcon33035
I like 7600 GS OC(BFG)

Best Graphics Card for the agp.
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
seems like the nvidia cards go more by the 100s then by the 1000s. meaning the 8800 is better then the 9600 but then 9600 is better then the 8600 o.O something... its confuzing!
In response to Falacy
welp! my new 9600 GT OC can handle assassins creed on maxed settings, but not crysis =P
In response to Falacy
ECS GeForce 8600 GT N8600GT-512DZ Video Card
I think I'm... one step behind you? =)

Hopefully when I put my build together, it will be able to handle HL2 games at Max Specs (which I doubt I will have a problem with)
Flame Sage wrote:
ECS GeForce 8600 GT N8600GT-512DZ Video Card
I think I'm... one step behind you? =)

hmmmm from what ive been reading the 9600 outperforms the 8600 by 100% in benchmark testing
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
welp! my new 9600 GT OC can handle assassins creed on maxed settings, but not crysis =P

Nothing handles Crysis :P
Except for maybe 2x9800GTX in SLI
In response to Critical
Critical wrote:
Nothing handles Crysis :P
Except for maybe 2x9800GTX in SLI

eh, actualy i can handle it on max most of the time, just ocasionaly the lag will spike up and ill have to turn the grahpix down so i can actualy aim at stuff lol
In response to Falacy
Critical is right. Do you use Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering? How about your resolution?

If you don't max out all of these, then you're not playing Crysis on maximum settings.
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
Critical is right. Do you use Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering? How about your resolution?

anti aliasing is at x2
theres no option for anistropic filtering. but I have textures set at max
resolution is at 1024x768

http://www.pclabs.gen.tr/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/crysis/ cryhigh.jpg

everything on the left side i always leave at max aka very high, if the game decides to be laggy ill turn all the stuff on the right to high and then im good to go