ID:182364

I was just browsing through some member posts,and found this comment about a website called Points4Byond,which supposingly gives membership.
Does anyone know if this works/if it's safe?
http://points4byond.co.cc/terms.php <--Terms of service for it.
Depends on who runs the site.

George Gough
In response to KodeNerd
KodeNerd wrote:
Depends on who runs the site.
According to the website;*This program is not "officially" endorsed by BYOND*
©2008 points4byond
The site doesn't say who runs it. I have no idea who. That's a black flag right there--I wouldn't trust these people.

The site doesn't say what kinds of tasks you perform or how you're earning points. Another flag.

The site's disclaimer that they're not officially endorsed by BYOND puts "officially" in quotes, as if to slyly suggest there's a relationship of some kind but we don't want to acknowledge it. Let me say that both officially and unofficially, BYOND Staff has no involvement with this site whatsoever.

Frankly the whole thing is probably a troll operation and may even be phishing for passwords. The total lack of transparency there is telling.

Lummox JR
In response to Mudkippy
i joined to see wat it was it seems that nothing i do gets me points
In response to Mwest
Mwest wrote:

They are proberly hoping that you insert your BYOND key and BYOND password i wouldn't trust them with a 50 foot clown pole.
In response to A.T.H.K
You should just make a fake key and use it, and see if you can get a membership or not.
In response to Lummox JR
Would a simple cease and desist letter for copyright infringement be able to get the site shut down?
In response to SuperAntx
Well in my opinion they aren't really doing anything wrong.

And most of us here aren't that stupid to give away our BYOND Password.
In response to A.T.H.K
But more than a few newbies probably are.
In response to Mwest
Mwest wrote:

Some times in order to get points you have to complete a few pages with full information. Thats why you make a new e-mail cause most sites send you spam. If you plan on doing this thing which i wouldn't I'd suggest get a roboform and find real address cities that match address so you can hit one button and fills out the form for you. this site is phishing if anything or theres a small percent its legit. but so far no byond mem was given some I'm assuming it's phishing
In response to DarkGamer
I don't think BYOND is that famous anyway. BYOND membership isn't that valuable, either. It's probably what others have said before me, they're hoping for someone to actually insert their account name and password. Nobody would do that unless he, or she, is a complete idiot.

That, and a lot more. At most, the website would get shutdown, unless, of course, they performed illegal operations.

~Duper
In response to Duper
Did anyone try this program out with a fake key?

George Gough
In response to KodeNerd
My account membership ran out and I miss it. I think I'm going to try this with a second account, though. No harm in trying and I'm up for 22 hours a day. I can say for sure that this won't work either. The funniest page on the site kind of gives it away.

Best Page on Points4BYOND
In response to Hiro the Dragon King
Wait a second, you sleep 2 hours per day? That's pure insanity. Anyone with that amount of sleep would be losing their mind from the euphoria.
And, you have to insert a number to see the referrers.
http://points4byond.co.cc/ contest.php?sid=c4a1e033c89f1d102e7123c9f9bd30e8&action=refe rers&limit=100&ct=Show&ac=Show

Also, you should try it with a fake account and tell us what happens.
In response to Naokohiro
Naokohiro wrote:
Wait a second, you sleep 2 hours per day? That's pure insanity. Anyone with that amount of sleep would be losing their mind from the euphoria.

I confirm this is false. Also, he did not say he sleeps 2 hours per day, just that he has been up for 22 hours, once. He may very well have slept for 10 hours afterwards.

Also, you should try it with a fake account and tell us what happens.

Yes, feel free to do that and tell us already. -_-
=P
It's likely just some fake. It wouldn't be the first.
In response to Kaioken
I don't think they are trying to steal passwords... I signed up awhile ago, and they didn't take my account. There is a site called gaminglagoon.com and it is the same concept. I signed up there long ago, and I have since received free games and such. It's basically you do the offers, get money sent to them, and then they take some for profits, and give some back to them.
In response to Himari
Actually, for the last week, between the baby and being sick, I have been getting about two hours of sleep a night. Except yesterday. I went to bed at 8 A.M. yesterday and woke a up an hour ago. And I beleive that the word you were looking for was insomnia, not euphoria.

Also, the part I found funny about the page was the fact that u had to type in something to get any referrers to show. That's all wrong from a design standpoint. Also, "Contest ends: 11:59PM EST February 15, 2008" struck me as kinda funny.

I'm about to create my second e-mail and BYOND account now.

I don't see how in any way that they would steal your passwords. They seem to be like those make money at home sites. Difference is that they make money and instead of giving you some, they get you an members account on BYOND. So far I don't see a downside. I'll report back with my resluts, though.
In response to Himari
Yes, but does Points4Byond actually give you what it claims?
Page: 1 2