ID:133101

We need the option to ban specific users from Discuss pages. I'm not sure why this wasn't added to begin with, it should be completely foreseeable that one or more of the countless noobtards here on BYOND would start spamming.

Also, the link from the pager to the Discuss section on new comments doesn't work; it only takes you to the Overview page unless you already have something open.
Falacy wrote:
We need the option to ban specific users from Discuss pages. I'm not sure why this wasn't added to begin with, it should be completely foreseeable that one or more of the countless noobtards here on BYOND would start spamming.

Banning the user from your blog has the effect of banning them from your hub entry discussions.

We don't have a concept for a BYOND-wide comment ban, although after a certain user went on a spampage the other day it's been sounding pretty decent.

We definitely do want to refine this concept as time goes on though, so if you have any novel ideas along those lines I'm all ears.

Also, the link from the pager to the Discuss section on new comments doesn't work; it only takes you to the Overview page unless you already have something open.

I'm not sure what you mean by already open. Do you mean it won't go to the discuss tab if there aren't existing comments? If so I think that's something we can remedy.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Banning the user from your blog has the effect of banning them from your hub entry discussions.

You and your tricky ways

We definitely do want to refine this concept as time goes on though, so if you have any novel ideas along those lines I'm all ears.

A Ban/Block button next to the Delete button on Discuss posts wouldn't hurt. And as for global bans, you could do something where if x amount of people ban them, they get banned from everyone else.
If they could only be banned on posts they had previously made, unless there was some crazy conspiracy (and even if there was) it would be a somewhat difficult system to abuse from the hub owners standpoint.

I'm not sure what you mean by already open. Do you mean it won't go to the discuss tab if there aren't existing comments? If so I think that's something we can remedy.

http://www.byond.com/games/Falacy/RZG?page=discuss#comments That link doesn't take me to the Discuss tab. I could have sworn it was taking me to the Overview tab yesterday, but at the moment it seems to be going to the Now Live tab.
In response to Falacy
Ah, it's going to the wrong tab because I frelled up the link. It should be tab=discuss, not page=discuss. I'll fix it Monday.

It's now going to the live tab instead of the overview tab due to a change we made the other day, in which if you don't specify a tab you'll be taken to the live tab if games are live and available to join.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Oooooot! I can link directly to tabs with that format and what I'm guessing are the arguments given to show_big_tab() in the JavaScript. =)
In response to ACWraith
ACWraith wrote:
Oooooot! I can link directly to tabs with that format and what I'm guessing are the arguments given to show_big_tab() in the JavaScript. =)

Correctamundo. The current tabs (subject to change) are:

index
live
pics
scores
discuss
related

The live tab also doubles for the waiting list; it is not available for single-player games. The pics tab is for screenshots and/or video.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
discuss

Speaking of which you might want to change the behavior of the page shown here:
http://www.byond.com/games/DarkEmrald/R.E.O#discuss

(since you can't break their keyboards)
In response to Lummox JR
We don't have a concept for a BYOND-wide comment ban, although after a certain user went on a spampage the other day it's been sounding pretty decent.

This should become more of a priority with the new spam attack.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Ah, it's going to the wrong tab because I frelled up the link. It should be tab=discuss, not page=discuss. I'll fix it Monday.

Just so you know; The message that gets sent to the BYOND site (not sure if they're the same one) also has the same page instead of tab error. And can you make the link on the site an actual link?
As it is now it says See it here: "link", but you can actually click on it.