ID:133073

It would be nice if BYOND could offer a more detailed way of adjusting displayed advertisement, such as not to view resource intense flash ones.
The crossfire advertisement is bugging down my computer for example (yes, I'm aware that my computer is lame), yet I feel bad when switching off all the adverts just for two or three silly ones.

Thank you in advance for considering.
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
It would be nice if BYOND could offer a more detailed way of adjusting displayed advertisement, such as not to view resource intense flash ones.
The crossfire advertisement is bugging down my computer for example (yes, I'm aware that my computer is lame), yet I feel bad when switching off all the adverts just for two or three silly ones.

There's really no way for us to predict the Flash-heaviness of an ad, unfortunately.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Schnitzelnagler wrote:

There's really no way for us to predict the Flash-heaviness of an ad, unfortunately.

Lummox JR

Since there are programs that 'grab' and block ads before they are displayed, wouldn't it be possible to have them simply cap the amount of resources the ads could use?
In response to AJX
AJX wrote:
Since there are programs that 'grab' and block ads before they are displayed, wouldn't it be possible to have them simply cap the amount of resources the ads could use?

No, since there is no way to measure such a thing.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
You can however create a secondary ad channel to display only text ads for people with that setting enabled. I'd like to make the ads visible too but the non-text ones are just retarded.