ID:132608

There's plenty of space up on that white bar, can we please have a drop down listing all of our guilds so we're one click away?
I'm not sure there is a lot of space on a smaller resolution, but what if other guilds were dynamically added to the Community menu?
In response to ACWraith
I'm on 1024x768 and there's plenty of room. A whopping 76% of the interwebs has a higher resolution.
In response to ACWraith
There's no room on 800px wide resolutions, but if you're still using an 800x600 in this decade... well, we won't even go there. Perhaps it could at least be added under "Community", under the official guilds.

Still, on a 1024px wide resolution, there's definitely room for another dropdown.

The menu bar is kept relatively empty because we've tried to make the site friendly not only for lower resolutions, but people who don't maximize the browser window. (Some people don't. I have no idea why.)

I'd be okay with keeping a list of your guilds in another part of the menu like under Community as ACWraith suggested, though I could see some people having quite a long list.

Lummox JR
In response to SuperAntx
Perhaps, we could have a customizable menu, therefore people with higher resolutions could make their own menu layout.

I have a huge resolution of 1680 x 1050. It's hawt, but that leaves alot of 'whitespace' on websites, unless they're made to stretch.
In response to Super Saiyan X
That's what I was thinking. It could be an opt-in feature for people who go around favoriting guilds.
In response to SuperAntx
It could also be a member feature. :D "Customize not only your blog, but the entire BYOND website to your liking!"
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
[..] but people who don't maximize the browser window. (Some people don't. I have no idea why.)

Just popping in - I personally hide a few BYOND worlds and chats under my browser, so I can see the last two or so lines in them, putting my browser above it for the reason that I like to at least pay a slight bit of attention to stuff while browsing the interwebs.

http://files.byondhome.com/DivineTraveller/browser.PNG

It makes multitasking a bit more easy (for me, anyway), is what I'm attempting to convey.
In response to DivineTraveller
DivineTraveller wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:
[..] but people who don't maximize the browser window. (Some people don't. I have no idea why.)

Just popping in - I personally hide a few BYOND worlds and chats under my browser, so I can see the last two or so lines in them, putting my browser above it for the reason that I like to at least pay a slight bit of attention to stuff while browsing the interwebs.

http://files.byondhome.com/DivineTraveller/browser.PNG

I, too, tend to find myself without my browser minimized, peering at chat programs under it. But my resolution is 1050x1680 so I can have a pretty small window and still always have it fit the width of the screen. I'd take a "My Guilds" button under "My Account" and be happy, even though I don't belong to any guilds... that I know of.
In response to Hiro the Dragon King
Hiro the Dragon King wrote:
But my resolution is 1050x1680

you have a tall Screen :)
In response to Redslash
Redslash wrote:
Hiro the Dragon King wrote:
But my resolution is 1050x1680

you have a tall Screen :)

HP w2207: It rotates. I got it at an enormous discount and I would love to have another, even a 23" with 1080p... but they never made another model like it, it seem.
Haha! I have the same monitor.
The HP w2207h...but, sadly the pivot software doesn't work all the time. But, I don't really need it, I like wide screen. :D
Super Saiyan X wrote:
Haha! I have the same monitor.
The HP w2207h...but, sadly the pivot software doesn't work all the time. But, I don't really need it, I like wide screen. :D

What do you need the software for? Most, if not all, graphics cards nowadays support rotating the display.
Well, the monitor when turned is supposed to auto-pivot when you have the software. Otherwise, when you turn it, nothing happens.
Super Saiyan X wrote:
Well, the monitor when turned is supposed to auto-pivot when you have the software. Otherwise, when you turn it, nothing happens.

I never even bothered with the software. I lost the disc long before I discovered that it rotated (wasn't on the box). On my old setup, I had on of my shortcut keys on the keyboard to switch resolutions.