ID:181062

The 2011 Game in a Day (GiaD) event starts tonight at 12am Eastern Time. At that time several themes will be announced, and you have 48 hours to create a game and submit it. Click here for the full rules.

To be honest, I forgot this forum existed, and I don't have much time to write anything else before I have to leave for work. So check out my blog if you're interested. That's where I'll be announcing the themes, and you can also see previous years winners and stuff like that. This is the sixth annual GiaD event, so we've been around for a while, and there's been a lot of submissions, so you can get a good idea of what places well. There will be $60 in prizes, so get something sent in and you may just get some cash!
Wow, was there any warning? I have stuff to do, it's seven weeks before finals. No offense but this is really bad timing. It would have been better some time around Christmas when people are free.

Maybe if it took place over say, a week and players had to make direct contact with you about when their day started and you organize a deadline?
In response to Kyle_ZX
In response to Kyle_ZX
There were many warnings, everyone was taking about it, and darn near everyone who entered streamed their entire development process.
In response to Kyle_ZX
Those are all on his blog, I don't read his blog. I actually barely read anyone's blog. If it had been posted in the actual forums it would have been far more helpful...

People always assume that everyone knows everything they do, like it's impossible to be out of their loop. Sounds like this competition is for a select group of a people who communicate within themselves.
In response to Kyle_ZX
Kyle_ZX wrote:
... Sounds like this competition is for a select group of a people who communicate within themselves.

Or anyone that glances at the members' front page for a second or two every now and then.
In response to LordAndrew
Yes, but on a very bad day for me. GIAD had to happen on the weekend when I work the most hours at my job. An option for the middle of the week would have been great.
In response to Audeuro
Like I said, I don't go on the members page. Never see a reason to. If anything was that good then it would be posted in the community section where it's in plain static sight for everyone.
In response to Kyle_ZX
Kyle_ZX wrote:
Like I said, I don't go on the members page. Never see a reason to. If anything was that good then it would be posted in the community section where it's in plain static sight for everyone.

The problem is you have a group of people that refuse to go to the forums and a group of people that refuse to go to the members' page, you being in the latter. It's hard to cater to both of them and find a nice balance.
In response to Dpheonix7
You could e-mail IainPeregrine requesting a different date I think.
In response to Kyle_ZX
Kyle_ZX wrote:

Unfortunately, if you are not willing to view the members page, you may not be in the loop of certain events. I skim the members page at least once a day as I realize that it is a primary source to get contest information.

I suggest "following" Iain's blog. That way, you will not miss next years event.
In response to Audeuro
Audeuro wrote:
The problem is you have a group of people that refuse to go to the forums and a group of people that refuse to go to the members' page, you being in the latter. It's hard to cater to both of them and find a nice balance.

It's not hard to cater to both. A topic saying the challenge would be coming up soon in the Community section would have been suffice.