ID:274087

I just remembered (ha) that I'm a musician, so if you need midi music for a game or perhaps a sfx, I may be able to help you.

/Andreas
On 9/5/00 2:43 pm Gazoot. wrote:
I just remembered (ha) that I'm a musician, so if you need midi music for a game or perhaps a sfx, I may be able to help you.

Ooh. I don't know if I'll ever need it, but I'm excited already.

Z
On 9/5/00 2:43 pm Gazoot. wrote:

/Andreas

Thanks for the offer -- I will also definitely keep it in mind. At the moment I'm not using music, and for some reason find it much easier to play with .wavs off the net and come up with reasonable special effects than to create icons (though sometimes I have a hard time, and I might ping you...)

As I've mentioned to some, I'm hoping to find some people to work with on a regular basis on a series of games, some of which ultimately might end up generating some revenue if things go well.

The people I'm very interested in finding at this moment are:

- Artist

- Combat mechanics/overall balance engineer

I can handle coming up with initial concepts and doing the code, but I would love to find people to play these rolls who would get credit/revenue as a co-creator of the games.
In response to Deadron

Er, I could do that if you wanted. That is, the balancing, not really the combat mechanics.

First of all, I'd recommend that money is a little bit more available. Then you could boost the price of ammunition, gum, and pins a little to compensate. For example, someone should drop 1-3 dollars instead of just 1... then, you could get large rewards from blowing up someone who's killed a bunch of people and is rich as all heck.
In response to Spuzzum
On 9/5/00 4:41 pm Spuzzum wrote:

Er, I could do that if you wanted. That is, the balancing, not really the combat mechanics.

Okay, let's try it! I'll work up a little table tonight of the current items/costs/damage, along with some of the top secret items I'm thinking of for the first level boss and for the next level, and you can tell me what the numbers should be.

I can have one less thing I'm not good at to worry about, and you can help get a game out without having to code it!