ID:259452

I finally jumped on the bandwagon and started playing with drag and drop. Nice, works well. Only one thing: if an atom gets deleted while I'm dragging it, the drag cursor remains and the drag procs still get called. Is this the intended behavior?
Air Mapster wrote:
I finally jumped on the bandwagon and started playing with drag and drop. Nice, works well. Only one thing: if an atom gets deleted while I'm dragging it, the drag cursor remains and the drag procs still get called. Is this the intended behavior?

It is intended, though I can't say we explicitly thought about the case of an object being deleted during the motion.

It should do everything the same but with the object being null in the calls to the client procs. That's all you observed, right?

--Dan

In response to Dan
Dan wrote:
It should do everything the same but with the object being null in the calls to the client procs. That's all you observed, right?

Yep, which is all fine and dandy. The only minor issue is that the drag cursor remains, possibly giving the user the false impression that \he is still dragging something that exists. I haven't tried to see if I could change the drag cursor mid-drag, but in this case, the point is moot since the object no longer exists. There isn't any way I could programmatically revert back to the normal cursor in this case, is there? No biggie if not.
In response to Air Mapster
Yep, which is all fine and dandy. The only minor issue is that the drag cursor remains, possibly giving the user the false impression that \he is still dragging something that exists.

Oh. Well, that should be considered a bug. It's on the list now!

--Dan
In response to Air Mapster
\he

Ha! I can picture that becoming the proper pronoun in English, too... =)