ID:265117

DitMUD's arena system is finally working well, but it needs some glitz. One thing that I thought would be very cool and origional would be to have a view swing. The view swing program would pick the pixel closest to what would be directly between the competitors, and would do a 360-degree swing around that spot. I can manage to pick the point between the fighters but how to do the swing leaves me veritably dumbfounded. Thoughts on how to accomplish this graphically would be much appriciated!

-Lord of Water
Maybe fiddle with client.eye. That seems to be what you're looking for :)

=V
In response to Vortezz
Yeah, client.eye sounds nice, but I would need some enhancement of normal client.eye movement... I want to swing, not scroll. o.O
In response to Lord of Water
You could do it matrix like!

In response to Lord of Water
The easiest way I can think of would be to set client eye to the center point, then turn the client.dir. It wouldn't be very smooth though.
In response to Shadowdarke
I'm thinking of something more pixel-based. What I've started thinking is this:

I might start by setting client.eye to "blackout", which is a constant pointing to a turf that is black and has black all around it. I would then place objects on the client's screen for all of the tiles on the previous screen. I would then, pixel by pixel, rotate clockwise, keeping track of what pixel should be where and so on, keeping everything in sync with pixel offsets and rotating icons when needed (faster for outlying icons and slower for ones closer to the centre pixel.) Is this feasable with BYOND's refresh rate?
In response to Shadowdarke
By client.eye, I meant client.dir =P

=V