ID:275236

I've finally got a critism from someone whos opinion I actually care about.

[11 Jul 13:17] Mertek: Stop making games.
[11 Jul 13:18] Mertek: Most of them suck, and nobody likes them.
[11 Jul 13:19] Mertek: The hacking games, the MGS games, ugh... just stop making games.

So, direct all flames to him....

No more games

[Added] I'm gonna work on libaries and things, just no more games.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I liked the hacking games...
In response to Blueseed15
like I said, who's opinion I CARE about.
Why do you care what Mertek's oppinion is? If you think a game is a good idea and is fun, thats all you should worry about. You shouldn't care what Kunark, Mertek, Malver, Maz, Crispy, OneFishDown, Lummox JR, Deadron, DBZGoku7956969xx, Light_Samurai, tenkuu, Theodis, Raekwon, Dracon, ssjRaddits456, Vegetable man2, Siientx, Dragon of Ice, etc. think about your game (if they like it or don't is their oppinion, and every one of them are different from you.), only you should care about your games. You losing your source code is a discouraging thing, and so is people bashing them, but don't lose sight in what is important.

Besides, what makes Mertek's taste in games any more important than anyone elses?
In response to Kunark
He's informed....

but I've gotten so many flames from ppl who I couldn't care less about and yet it's the first time someone who I'd actually bother listening to is panning my entire range.
In response to Kunark
Yay! I was listed...yet I was next to the DBZ people....*stares thoughtfully into space*, but I totaly agree. It doesn't matter what others think, as long as you like the game, or have some small feeling of happiness or satisfaction about it. All that matters is that you like it, and that you had fun along the way.
I actually like most of your games, eventhough they don't follow the guidelines, I enjoy playing them a lot, don't let anyone discourage you, if you like your games, and enjoy making them, don't stop, it's not the way to do things.
In response to Nadrew
Yes, I think Hacking II wasn't bad at all rush...

In fact when I first played it, that is what encouraged me to make a text game because before that I couldn't see how a text game could be fun.
In response to Dragon of Ice
not really.... I enjoy coding but keeping the things going and patching and stuff is just a great big annoying hastle.
You make good/great games. Besides, what games has Mertek made?
Your games are very well made. They would be perfect if you added documentation. although it would be neat if for someof them they were a little more complicated. >:]

(I'm still lost with Trace but iits really neat now trhat I figured out how o do a few things.)
In response to Da_Rushyo
Da_Rushyo wrote:

Don’t care about anyone’s opinion; we’re all just a bunch of "digital devices" considering you can’t speak to us over a mic, and its all-just text. No one’s opinion should discourage you from working on games, look at me, I’m a prime example, I have been consulted by many well-known BYONDers about my games, but that doesn’t mean I’m not going to make them. Do what your mind tells you to do; one person doesn’t mean anything.

It also shows Mereteks maturity by criticizing your games, you now know not to care about his word, because his word is as immature as most of the DBZers. If he had any sign of decency, he would of thought before saying what he did.

RaeKwon
In response to RaeKwon
RaeKwon wrote:
Da_Rushyo wrote:

Don’t care about anyone’s opinion; we’re all just a bunch of "digital devices" considering you can’t speak to us over a mic, and its all-just text. No one’s opinion should discourage you from working on games, look at me, I’m a prime example, I have been consulted by many well-known BYONDers about my games, but that doesn’t mean I’m not going to make them. Do what your mind tells you to do; one person doesn’t mean anything.

It also shows Mereteks maturity by criticizing your games, you now know not to care about his word, because his word is as immature as most of the DBZers. If he had any sign of decency, he would of thought before saying what he did.

RaeKwon

Don't be dissing your followers Rae! =D
In response to Jermman
Jermman wrote:
RaeKwon wrote:
Da_Rushyo wrote:

RaeKwon

Don't be dissing your followers Rae! =D

Why not? It makes me feel good about who I am, and what I'll be! >=)

RaeKwon
Let me just say this, i didn't play your hacking games much, but who cares. Mertek is a little nut job in my opinion, don't take the personally Mertek, it is just an observation. I personally would not take the guys advice as far as i can throw him, but i could say the same thing about many people here. I think you should do what you wish, if you are tired of making games, fine, stop making them. Don't stop because one person is being rude, if he really knew what he was saying, he would have worded it better and told you what he did not like about them. Ask him what he does not like about them, then you have the right to care. --Run on sentence man
I like your hacking games. =(
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
I like your hacking games. =(
U, is Uber 1337
Boy howdy! I wish I sure had a cheese fig bar.
Well, if you're really serious about it, it's your choice. But like others said, do what you want, not what someone else said. Maybe you could at least find someone you trust to carry on these games.

<-Airjoe->