ID:276341

First thing is, how is the financial situation of byond? is the memberships helping any in terms of providing extra income so you can work on byond more? Are other measurements needed, any idea's for extra things to do?

Secondly, my stocks recently jumped and one of them I might be selling soon... I am planning on buying 2 people memberships and was wondering who wanted them the most.
*** I was the first poster, so you know >.> I know everyone will probably try and get their post first so you'll notice them. But I was the first person to post. :/ ***

I'd love to have one.

Im sure someone else might want one like a whole lot more than me, if so, then give them one instead, but otherwise, give one to me. ^-^ Tankeez. Id really only use it for BYONDScape...

[EDIT]
If you do decide to give me one, my email is [email protected], if you need it.
I think they're doing better, and I know development has been booming lately (although it has been for a few months). I think in terms of motivation donations would help a lot. Not just because of the financial support but because it's a sign that they're work is really appreciated.

I'd try and convince you to donate the money instead of buying people memberships, but I want one. =P
In response to DarkView
DarkView wrote:
I'd try and convince you to donate the money instead of buying people memberships, but I want one. =P

D'oh! Maybe I should change the title for My friends. Three "friends'" memberships have run out while I've been giving gift memberships away. =P

If nobody else does it first I'll get you (and the two others) a membership when my funds show up in Paypal.
In response to YMIHere
Wow. Thanks. When I get my act together I'll be sure to try and donate a couple of memberships myself and pass on the good will.
In response to DarkView
That is what I did =P.
Well, I already posted something and I would like to have one. It would ease up some things and be very helpful. Plus Im like one of those fair people. I let anyone post and let any page me because I think its unfair for members to get everything and some non-members need things too(me :P). I would really like it if I was a member.

Anyway whats the legal age in the United States to get a job? Im 13 and theres no way for me to raise money.

Also, I think with all these members BYOND is stable finacialy. I dont really know without asking though.
In response to Blakdragon77
Blakdragon77 wrote:
Anyway whats the legal age in the United States to get a job? Im 13 and theres no way for me to raise money.

Untrue! You can mow lawns, shovel snow, rake leaves, sell lemonade, babysit, clean windows, wash cars, have a bake sale, the list goes on. I was earning money long before 13. Don't tell me you can't scrape up $15!

Also, I think with all these members BYOND is stable finacialy. I dont really know without asking though.

I think it's on the right track, but I doubt it is anywhere near stable. Considering it costs Tom & Friends more than $5,000 a month to keep BYOND up, our 1 year membership hasn't really dented that. With a large member base, it could, but we'd need a ton more members than we have now.

~X
In response to Xooxer
Erm, theres no way I can get money (Most posted on my other topic, Membership). I cant cook nor are there cars that need washing, its been raining all week. Its not hot anymore, who'd want me to babysit they're kid. Il would just watch TV and raid their fridge. No offers anyway, We get snow like once every 3 or 4 years and its only like 3-6 inches.
In response to Xooxer
Wow even after taking away the pager from non-members it's costing $5000 a month?
Jon Snow wrote:
First thing is, how is the financial situation of byond? is the memberships helping any in terms of providing extra income so you can work on byond more? Are other measurements needed, any idea's for extra things to do?

Secondly, my stocks recently jumped and one of them I might be selling soon... I am planning on buying 2 people memberships and was wondering who wanted them the most.

I could really use a membership, theres alot of byond scape libraries that would help me currect projects alot.

If you dont pick me, thanks for reading.
Oh come on man, don't shoot down everything. Ask your neighbors if they need help with lawn/house work, do some serious work for your parents (don't say they won't give you money, they will if you work hard enough), mow lawns...the list goes on and on.
In response to DarkView
Can I be next in que?
Blakdragon77 wrote:

It depends on the state. Here in TN ins 15, but its 16 in a lot of places.
And then the individual city/county can decide you have to be a few years older than the state says.
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
Considering it costs Tom & Friends more than $5,000 a month to keep BYOND up, our 1 year membership hasn't really dented that.

Jesus Christ!
Its been costing over $5,000 a month, and they just now started taking money?
In response to Xooxer
60,000 a year is a rediculus number... They've got to have other jobs, and there is no way that the Bandwith can cost that much unless they have their own line.
In response to Shun Di
Well, dantom shouldn't (nor wants to) have to PAY for byond ever month, besides, Dan has a family, and Tom is well...
Broke?

I mean would you like paying 5k a month just to keep some punny developers spot open?
In response to Jamesburrow
In my city 14-year-ols can get a job at this small local amusement park. they make $5 an hour minus taxes
Regarding the financial situation of BYOND? I'm not too sure. But I really doubt that the memberships are making that big of a difference for them.

And to your second, I really never thought about getting a membership, though I do have plans on donating to BYOND around mid-August, as that is when I'll finally be making good money. I'd gladly take the membership simply because it'd be helping BYOND out, not to mention using the pager again would be nice. =p

Oh, and might I ask what stocks you're invested in? Sorry, I'm just a little curious about stocks and investing because, like I mentioned earlier, I'll be coming into a good amount of money and I'd like to invest it.
In response to Shun Di
Yeah if BYOND has been costing Tom 60,000 dollars a year, he's either rich as crap and doesn't care about money too much, or BYOND has put him in debt by several hundred thousand dollars over the years.

I'd go with the theory that the 5,000 dollar a month figure is unfounded.
Page: 1 2 3