ID:265545

They're so hard to make!

I cannot for the life of me get the NW/NE/SW/SE directions to look right, and then there's little tidbits like... how would a lizardman walk? A catman? A wolfman?

2d graphics are so hard to do! I can't seem to figure out all this pixel editing and color coordination :( I definately don't believe I was ment to be a graphics artist, it just takes sooo much time and patience.

What I want is a 3d art program where I can make guys and paint the barebone/white model, and then print screen and post the graphics that way... anyone got any ideas/programs that would make directional animations easier?

This seems to be a big problem on byond, as most games are lacking in the graphical department. I find programming so easy to do but graphics so hard...
Jon Snow wrote:
What I want is a 3d art program where I can make guys and paint the barebone/white model, and then print screen and post the graphics that way... anyone got any ideas/programs that would make directional animations easier?

Printscreen? Eww. :P

Most 3D programs have the ability to render out high quality 3d images. I'd suggest Newtek's Lightwave, but it costs a fair bit. However, if I remember correctly, the update for version 7.5d acts as a demo. You're limited to a certain polygon count: 300 or 400 polys or so.
In response to Jon88
Is that small? 300 seems like a pretty high number.
In response to KirbyRules
KirbyRules wrote:
Is that small? 300 seems like a pretty high number.

It depends on what you're doing and how much detail you're putting into it. For images rendered out to 32 by 32 pixels, or even 64 by 64 pixels it should be plenty, since the detail provided by multiple hundreds of polygons is near invisible at that level.