ID:277837

if we're all mature, and dont get offended by stuff, why is 'cursing' once in awhile bad?

it's annoying, this isnt school. we're all mature, reasonable people so why the heck cant i freaking say what i want to?
Cursing is fine, as long as you don't use any words you wouldn't find on primetime television (you know the words) and none of it overly offends anyone. The reason for this is simply because over-the-top cursing not only looks really tacky, it also usually isn't something parents want their kids to see (and BYOND is still mostly kids) so we try to at least keep things clean on the forums.

And no, we're not all mature, that's not something to assume of the BYOND community.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Cursing is fine, as long as you don't use any words you wouldn't find on primetime television (you know the words) and none of it overly offends anyone. The reason for this is simply because over-the-top cursing not only looks really tacky, it also usually isn't something parents want their kids to see (and BYOND is still mostly kids) so we try to at least keep things clean on the forums.

And no, we're not all mature, that's not something to assume of the BYOND community.
so? WHAT is the problem with a kid seeing a bad word? unless they're mentally retarded and near death due to retardation, they know better then to say it for no reason.
In response to Eternal Desire
I made my answer as polite as possible, so here's my next answer:

If you want a cesspool of a forum where people can do anything they want without moderators taking action, that includes posting whatever form of profanity happens to cross their mind go find something else -- these aren't the forums for you. The BYOND community is hard enough to moderate and you should just be happy that it's being done at all.

Thread closed.