ID:273206

Is there any possible way to code in something where the game itself checks if the person's "key" has added your game to there favorites?

And if so is there a way to check the status of there favorites such as. rank 1 on there favorites.

I'm trying to code in where if the game is on there favorite's list that, they receive a certain var "rewards = 1".

If anyone knows how to do this, i'd gladly appreciate it.
Yes, it is possible, but that's not nice as it could be seen as bribery.
The Overlord wrote:
Is there any possible way to code in something where the game itself checks if the person's "key" has added your game to there favorites?

With a quick search, you would have saw several topics on this subject along with 3 programs that demonstrate it.

http://www.byond.com/developer/Flame48/GetFavoriteGames
In response to Calus CoRPS
Calus CoRPS wrote:
The Overlord wrote:

With a quick search, you would have saw several topics on this subject along with 3 programs that demonstrate it.

http://www.byond.com/developer/Flame48/GetFavoriteGames

I suppose I was searching wrong, regardless, thanks.
I'm almost entirely certain this kind of behavior will get your game restricted from appearing in official guilds or having your banners in rotation.

And besides that, I do not recommend it from an ethical perspective - the favorites list should be favorites because they're favorites, not because they receive a 10% gold bonus or 60 extra bullets in a clip. Even if your intentions are to rewards players who have ALREADY favorited your game, within weeks all players will favorite the game simply to get the bonuses.

~Polatrite~
In response to Polatrite
Polatrite wrote:
I'm almost entirely certain this kind of behavior will get your game restricted from appearing in official guilds or having your banners in rotation.

And besides that, I do not recommend it from an ethical perspective - the favorites list should be favorites because they're favorites, not because they receive a 10% gold bonus or 60 extra bullets in a clip. Even if your intentions are to rewards players who have ALREADY favorited your game, within weeks all players will favorite the game simply to get the bonuses.

~Polatrite~

Well to be honest, I didn't ask for anyone's opinion on the matter I asked a question on how to do so.

This being the "Developer How-To" section.

And the funny thing about this is, is that.
The reward for my game that's being implemented is just to be able to play as a Megaman X edited sprite to look like Mario with a X Buster.

The character itself isn't near as powerful as the other characters you have to unlock.