ID:278299

What would you guys think of a TFB. It'd be a side scroller, something of a demake if you will.

You'd be able to unlock weapons, get achievements, it'd have updates etc.

I'm pretty sure if i got a team together and we worked hard on this, it'd become pretty popular.
I think SuperAntX is working on something (very?) loosely inspired by Team Fortress for BYOND. You may want to check out the game hub and/or his member blog if interested.
In response to Devourer Of Souls
pretty much the only thing decadence and TF2 have in common would be that they both use guns

proelium 1/2 are a lot closer to TF2, but still fairly far from it. there haven't been any games that intentionally mimic TF2 yet
Donald heiser wrote:
What would you guys think of a TFB. It'd be a side scroller, something of a demake if you will.

You'd be able to unlock weapons, get achievements, it'd have updates etc.

I'm pretty sure if i got a team together and we worked hard on this, it'd become pretty popular.

Or, you could play this:

http://www.ganggarrison.com/
In response to Calus CoRPS
I already play that, but it's pretty dull. No unlockables, no chat option. Pretty lame, but fun.
Donald heiser wrote:

Sounds a bit like Proelium.
In response to Zaole
SilkWizard has mentioned that Proelium was heavily inspired by Team Fortress Classic. While it doesn't exactly mimic it, it is a pretty good representation of TF in a 2d environment.
In response to DivineTraveller
DivineTraveller wrote:
Donald heiser wrote:

Sounds a bit like Proelium.

i had no idea proelium was a side scroller

@airjoe: i'll call proelium a "good representation" of TF2 when i can build dispensers (windmills don't remove arrows from heads)
I agree.

I've watched a lot of TF2 videos, and I wanna play it but you have to pay to Steam to install it onto your Steam Games folder. (Whatever they call it.) And since BYOND has very dedicated programmers, it could work.
In response to Mikoikill
Mikoikill wrote:
but you have to pay to Steam to install it onto your Steam Games folder

wat
In response to Popisfizzy
I think he means you have to buy it.
In response to Stephen001
I think it's the same altogether though, pay to buy.
Lets go for it.