ID:273545

I did a quick search for bug reports and general queeries but nothing that essentially matched my issue; which I find strange, since I expected BYOND to be crawling with bug reports about this...

I have some coding that sends scores to the hub. The code is not wrong, however its possibly out of date?
In more recent versions of BYOND, has the method for sending scores to the hub changed in any way? I use BYOND v454 (as I still need to do work with the map, and that's the most recent version with a properly working map editor).

In short: My issue is that verbs/code that previously used to update/modify scores on the hub is now impotent.
I have the same hub name, same password, same everything!
It was initially suggested to me that it was because the hub was playing up a bit, and so i've left it a couple of weeks, and the hub seems to be working just fine now.
However, I still cannot modify anything to do with the scores (save for the few things you can do via the hub itself).
What am I possibly doing wrong?
I think there were security things that were fixed that have to do with hub scores. It's in the release notes somewhere.
In response to Kaiochao
"Critical update: Version 467 addresses several security issues. All users, especially game hosts, should upgrade from older versions as soon as possible. Many of the security enhancements affect the use of scores and medals. Older versions will no longer be able to read or report scores and medals via the hub in the future, and are currently in the process of being phased out."

Youre right. FFS...
That means updating my BYOND every time I want to update.
And THAT means re-mapping a whoooooolle bunch of .PNG icons - as they screw-up when you update any higher than my version.
Which takes about 10 mins each time.
So it'll be: Update BYOND > Re-map > Upload > Downgrade BYOND > Re-map > continue coding for game.
*rage*
Any idea's when they're going to fix the map editor?
In response to Saucepan Man
Saucepan Man wrote:
Any idea's when they're going to fix the map editor?

What's wrong with the map-editor? Make a bug report or point it out if there is one already. We would prefer users never use old versions, if possible.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
What's wrong with the map-editor? Make a bug report or point it out if there is one already. We would prefer users never use old versions, if possible.

Essentially incompatible with my computer after BYOND 454.1036.

http://www.byond.com/members/ DreamMakers?command=view_tracker_issue&tracker_issue=1768
I actually posted it under Features as I thought that you were fully aware of the situation; I asked for a toggle option in DM to turn off the isometric capability (or something like that) - as it was the advent of isometric maps that destroyed the map editor for me(to the best of my knowledge).
In response to Saucepan Man
Or you can read the release notes and change world/map_format to the proper value to make the old method take hold.
In response to Nadrew
Well that does at least solve the issue of the .png icons being all screwey - thanks :) This will make the switching between old and new versions much easier ^_^